• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice that SE offered store credit in the end, but only *after* these 10 pages, most of which written in response to them having refused to do so in the first place. If they had done so to begin with, this thread would be 10 pages shorter.

Bingo.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you ******* serious?

Honestly, both of you can go **** yourselves.

What did I do? I didn't quote that part and my "Bingo" wasn't about it.

I'm the one being accused of dragging this out, being ungrateful and unreasonable about offers made today after I already shipped the jacket yesterday. I'm allowed to explain that.

Yesterday: I paid $219 to ship the jacket
Today: Your very generous offers to cover shipping and Kiya offers store credit.
Me: Um, I appreciate it but I already sent it ...
You: **** YOU!

Seriously?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1609378122992.png

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What commercial relationship do I have with Self Edge outside of being a full-price paying customer like anyone else?

Years ago, some forum member here got ripped off by a tailor. I spent time trying to sort that out for the forum member, only to be repaid by him being a dick to me constantly online.

When UrbanComp's car got broken into, I paid for part of the cost of the repair and did some fundraising between other members to pay for the rest. I have no financial relationship with UrbanComp, other than being his friend.

What relationship do I have with TOJ members? When the whole Drew Keith thing happened, I spent countless hours talking to lawyers (some of whom charged me money).

I'm not asking to be paid back here with lavish praise or anything. But for a prick like you to suggest that I'm being a shill is pretty ******* lame.

you make money from fashion blogging

that requires you to maintain relationships with the people who will potentially pay you or provide you with material to include in your articles
That is, manufacturers and retailers

Aside from money, there is all the free **** you get, and the cache from access to people and events

do you have somewhere where you have disclosed all tangible and intangible gains ?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In actual positive leather jacket news, I received my olive green suede shearling leather jacket right before Xmas. Once travel opens up again and Nick Templeman comes to Texas, I can finally start the process of getting some bespoke green suede gator skin loafers.

DD025A43-FA9C-452C-8713-6864C7899360.jpeg

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In actual positive leather jacket news, I received my olive green suede shearling leather jacket right before Xmas. Once travel opens up again and Nick Templeman comes to Texas, I can finally start the process of getting some bespoke green suede gator skin loafers.

View attachment 1526591
Does it have a warranty though?

Superglu

Reaction score
Really nice. Where's it from?

Also, as someone who grew up in Texas, I imagine this coat is for all the future travel to places less rainforest-y than Houston.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you make money from fashion blogging

that requires you to maintain relationships with the people who will potentially pay you or provide you with material to include in your articles
That is, manufacturers and retailers

Aside from money, there is all the free **** you get, and the cache from access to people and events

do you have somewhere where you have disclosed all tangible and intangible gains ?
To look at a kind offer from someone and then make a dismissive comment about them doing it to save their friend's reputation, what a horrible way to view the world.

"I'll help pay for it."
"Well of course you would, you guys are friends, he probably gives you free stuff, what are your disclosures..."

First, and I hope the last, time I'm choosing to block any future posts from someone on this forum. Some people are so so ******.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jacket isn’t green suede gator skin.

wasn't asking about the jacket.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice. Where's it from?
English company called Blake and Hedley. Most of their stuff is MTO and was much cheaper than other companies so I figure to give them a shot. I’m not an expert on leather and construction quality so I hope it doesn’t rip on me.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vaguely related question but IIRC Self Edge was going to cover duties for shipping the repaired jacket back to the states—is that really something that duties get charged on? Shipping a repaired article back, when duties were presumably already paid on its first entry into the US? That's bats.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style