• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've returned very few LEC items and have been very happy w/ the vast majority of my purchases there. In fact, some of my favorite shirts are LEC. In closing, haters gonna hate.

The National

Reaction score

Here's a quick pic of mine and a quick review. Durability is great...shows little wear after about 8 mos. of use. Its a bit more unstructured than I was hoping, but works well. Laptop sleeve is perfect. Holds alot...plenty wide but could be a bit larger length wise for legal sized files (they fit, but scrunched). Quality of the leather straps could be a bit better, but they are breaking in nicely. I like the outside pockets on front and back to throw papers, wallet, keys, sunglasses without having to open main zipper.

Good to hear. I grabbed the navy one a few weeks ago when all accessories were 60% off and plan on using it as a diaper bag. I figured $52 was a good deal for that kind of bag.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two ways to get an extra % back from them:

1 If you have a Discover card, log into your account online and use the link at ShopDiscover for Land's End. Just make sure you pay with your Discover card.
2 Go to Ebates and click on the Land's End link. Make sure you've got an Ebates account of course, which is free and easy.

Stylego

Reaction score
I just discovered Canvas about 6 mo. ago. Gotta say, at the discount prices, some of the items are a steal. A few shirts have become favorites for casual wear. Just picked up a pair of chino's that are 95% the same as a pair of RLP chinos (near identical in every detail, if not quite as meticulously finished) for 30 or 40% the price.

I do think on some of their shirts their patterns are just not up to snuff. I've been reading folks say they're JCrew knock-offs, but JCrew stuff ends up looking nicer to my eye. What I've returned is often because, in the end, it doesn't look quite right.

I picked up a Patch Madras shirt from LE that is as nice as anything from anyone and about 50% of the price. With free shipping and easy returns, it's been a no brainer for experimentation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads