• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
Just ordered two shirts and a pair of the refined slim seersucker pants--I figured for $20 each it's not a big risk if they don't fit.

The website seemed to be overloaded and didn't work, so I called in and the order went smoothly--the code listed above worked for me as well.

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
I just placed an order as well, I'm crossing my fingers on the refined slim seersucker pants too. I haven't owned any LE or LEC clothing before but I'm giving it a shot with about a dozen items. The return policy looks pretty painless. I'll def update with pics once the package comes in.

Dinky89484

Reaction score
Oh sucks. I was waiting for their dressier poplin shirt to go on sale but it looks like LEC took that shirt off the site during their $25 dollar shirt sale. Bummer. I was looking forward to trying on an LEC shirt that did NOT have pockets or button down collars.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LEC is getting too flare'ey. The chambray contrast collars have got to go. Bring back the simpler, less douchey stuff.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed. Many of the plaid patterns are absolutely terrible too. It's like they buy left over fabrics that no one else wanted. This shirt looks quite nice though:

TheDroog

Reaction score

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LEC is getting too flare'ey. The chambray contrast collars have got to go. Bring back the simpler, less douchey stuff.

I have to disagree. I have seen vintage Gant shirts with chambray contrast collars.

cameronXVX

Reaction score
I've read through most of the comments but if someone would confirm that would rule, I wear a medium in most brands, so I should size down to a small in LE canvas for a slim fit?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Probably, but it depends on what "most brands" are and how well you fill them out. What's your chest measurement and height?

cameronXVX

Reaction score
5'10 chest is 38 inches. Only stuff I really have that I lump in with 'most brands' (i'm relatively new to the buying actually nice clothes thing, forgive my ignorance, i'm also in high school on a very tight budget) is the normal LE shirt I have (it's a medium, fits a bit big, I could have probably sized down), a couple of j crew shirts, I have a small gap shortsleeve that I regularly wear and it fits great, probably the closest thing I have to a legitimately good fit at this point. I'm generally clueless and have owned maybe two shirts that even slightly resemble 'well fitting'.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think you'd be good with a small, should fit you pretty well. Probably still need to take it in some in the waist if you're slim, but that's all their shirts.

If you want shirts that fit well OTR, try wolf vs goat. Though they aren't really a viable option on a high school budget.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads