• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

tsitsikov

Reaction score
I tried searching the thread (and internet in general) for chest and waist measurements for heritage shirts, both oxfords and chambrays, size large. All I came up with were customer service quotes, a consensus they are wrong, and actual measurements from a Medium shirt (44" for chest). Anybody have any idea about the actual size for a large? I'd ideally need 46.5 chest and it seems probable that medium is too small and large too big.

thanks

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you talking about the size of the shirt or your chest size? It's quite possible that the medium shirt is 44" chest since it fits a 40" chest fairly well.

tsitsikov

Reaction score
Yeah sorry I was a bit unclear. I need 46.5 for shirt chest (I'm about 4" less than that). And 44" measured from a medium shirt should be right, but I need a measurement from a large - LE says it's 49.5 which would be too big, but apparently the official quotes are wrong.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If by true to size, you mean the size of pants that you normally buy, then yes.

SashaV

Reaction score
30% off everything + free shipping with $50 minimum, use code: ENJOY30 pin: 1850

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As far as cargo shorts go, are the LEC ones relatively inoffensive?

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-...&CM_MERCH=IDX_men-_-pants-shorts&origin=index

I know its not SF-approved but I occasionally have utilitarian needs for them and the only ones I have are pretty terrible (both in fit and the fact that they are beat up from outdoor activities). I want a new pair for some music festivals this summer...don't want to carry a bag into the crowd but its nice to be able to stuff a water bottle in a cargo pocket, and my glasses case in another (so I can switch between sun and regular) and still have room for things like a camera and other bits and pieces.

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I hung out with J Henley, the design director of Lands End Canvas the past two days, and gotta say - so much impressive stuff is in the pipeline.

Not sure if you guys have discussed this at all, but J told me about a these sweatshirts they put out for the main-line, but are very Canvas-esque:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-mad...H=IDX_men-_-activewear-_-regular&origin=index
Made in USA for $60. Obviously, he said size down one from your normal size (too bad there's no XS)

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How is the SF dogma spot on if you're going to pick up a pair?

Because on average cargo shorts look awful and 95% of dudes have never put a single thing in the cargo pockets at all.

If I buy them and they are relatively slim fitting, I will be satisfied, but I will only wear them at times like an all day festival where I have things I need to carry but I don't want a bag--style alone won't be making the decision.

If someone was just looking to upgrade their summer wardrobe...suggestion #1 would probably still be "get rid of the cargo shorts". Doesn't mean the rule can't be broken, but you gotta understand why they look bad before you start breaking the rules.

TheDroog

Reaction score

Hey guys,
I hung out with J Henley, the design director of Lands End Canvas the past two days, and gotta say - so much impressive stuff is in the pipeline.
Not sure if you guys have discussed this at all, but J told me about a these sweatshirts they put out for the main-line, but are very Canvas-esque:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-mad...H=IDX_men-_-activewear-_-regular&origin=index
Made in USA for $60. Obviously, he said size down one from your normal size (too bad there's no XS)

I saw these at a local Sears recently. Very nice hand, good quality all around. I hope they keep doing more of this Made in the USA stuff.

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score

I saw these at a local Sears recently. Very nice hand, good quality all around. I hope they keep doing more of this Made in the USA stuff.

I haven't seen them in person yet - but just ordered one. A lot of our conversation was about some of the US mills they are using - and in the pipeline is more made in USA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads