• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hatch&Whisk
im looking at some sweaters on the online sale section and while the size charts advise me that i would be a medium (size 38 chest) i have a feeling that sizing down might be a good choice. I normally wear a small in jcrew knits and a medium in gant rugger. can anyone second me on that?

I'm a size 40 chest and am 6'3", 180lbs....I wear a size small sweater in J Crew and a size small in Canvas. For some reason, both brands seem to make their sleeve lengths extra long on their sweaters. For reference, I have to buy large button ups for both brands (and tailor the body) due to sleeve lengths.

I would go with a size small

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by corneliusparky
Well, I'm 5'10 140 and the smalls fit just ok....baggy in the back/waist and a bit too long. I'd go for the xs if my shoulders, chest and arms could take it.
I'm the exact same height and weight. That sucks.

Hatch&Whisk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus
I'm a size 40 chest and am 6'3", 180lbs....I wear a size small sweater in J Crew and a size small in Canvas. For some reason, both brands seem to make their sleeve lengths extra long on their sweaters. For reference, I have to buy large button ups for both brands (and tailor the body) due to sleeve lengths.

I would go with a size small

thanks a ton.

gotta love those off the rack issues. my neck is something between 15 1/2 and 16 and i always end up having too much material in the body. apparently chest size 38 matches up with a 15 neck in the shirtmaking world..

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rickgrimes10
Any promos besides free shipping? This has been quite a drought. I miss those days when Lands' End codes didn't exclude Canvas.

+1!
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea when is the next ******* code. None of my polos fit me well and I want to kop a couple of polos.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stuff in store is 30% off + an additional 30% off. I got some slim chino shorts for about $17, they're pretty nice. I do suspect that the additional discount will creep it's way up over the next month

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Promotion Code PICNIC and PIN 3326

50 percent + free shipping on +$50

Ends 11:59 Central July 3.

that's giving me free shipping but no 50% discount?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads