• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
A sweatshirt is going to be just about the most casual item in your closet. There is no point in getting one that's fitted, much less super fitted.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up a pair of the red slim fit chinos for $15 from their sale. Really impressed. I would have happily paid retail ($50). Very soft fabric...slim through the legs without being skinny. I'm a 35-36 waist. Went with 34's and I am very happy with the fit.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
A sweatshirt is going to be just about the most casual item in your closet. There is no point in getting one that's fitted, much less super fitted.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I'm sorry, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion... but the above is just stupid. Just because it's casual it shouldn't be fitted? Jeans are casual too, so by your reasoning I shouldn't buy fitted jeans, right? lol

mk.ultra

Reaction score
ordered 3 different sizes of the $15 jeans, gonna return 2 of them that fit the worst...hoping that at least one fits good. so the quality of their denim is good? is it worth retail?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying oxfords in size S or hell any shirt that's just a plain color in S
PM ME!

also buying slim shorts in 32 or maybe 33

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdstour
Here's some looks from the Fall 2011 Collection, just to add to the discussion.

What do you guys think?
I'm a big fan of most of the collection, especially the sweaters and outerwear.

canvas_1.jpg

canvas_4.jpg

canvas_6.jpg

canvas_16.jpg

I see a lot of standard fare that has been done by everyone (including Canvas), but have to say that I'm loving the green coat, the tweed/herringbone sport coat, and that red Fairisle sweater.

rickgrimes10

Reaction score
Any promos besides free shipping? This has been quite a drought. I miss those days when Lands' End codes didn't exclude Canvas.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Well, I'm 5'10 140 and the smalls fit just ok....baggy in the back/waist and a bit too long. I'd go for the xs if my shoulders, chest and arms could take it.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mk.ultra
i can't even fathom how people fit xs...are u 5'5", 100 lbs?

My friend is 5'10, weighing about 140 as well. A small oxford from them fits a little big on him. There's people with a smaller build than him, so an XS is definitely viable.

supermidget

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mk.ultra
i can't even fathom how people fit xs...are u 5'5", 100 lbs?

i don't understand why this is not fathomable. i'm 5'7 and 120lbs. a small won't fit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics