• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lacoste Polo problem

modual

Reaction score
So i got a couple of Lacoste polo shirts recently and in a size 3 they fit me great (i'm a 38" chest"). They sit corrrectly on the shoulders, the chest is just right and they're not loose at the waist. This is until half way through the day when the waist area seems to have stretched out a ton and it sits baggy / flared and looks ****. I measured the one which had stetched out against my new one at the hem and it had stretched 4" in total !! I guess part of the problem is the hem sits around my pockets so when i put my hands in my pockets i maybe stretching the polo ? Is this a common problem with Lacoste ? Does anyone recommend another slim fitting polo shirt ?

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I've never heard of that problem, with any shirt, ever. Did this only happen with one shirt, or has it happened with more than one?

Jon.

No but i've not had Lacoste polos before

velobran

Reaction score
I think this happened with two of my three lacoste shirts (of which I just into my donation pile yesterday). I am not certain of the exact cause, but I think it could have been washing them, then hanging them over a drying rack to dry. I think it streched out the bottom when hanging there. Lying them flat may fix it.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
This is why I'm not buying Lacoste anymore. I shrunk mine in the dryer and while they technically should still fit, the cut gets really weird at the waist and makes them too short.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
the directions on the tag say do not tumble dry . . .

i mean i do a little bit to get there shape back but i stretch em out the length again

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
I have this problem with several of my polos when I tuck them in at work. When I get off work I have to change shirts most of the time because they get all stretched out, and this only seems to happen with my more high quality polos. I always figured it was just from bending and stretching, like what happens to jeans over time.

fabulousitee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
This is why I'm not buying Lacoste anymore. I shrunk mine in the dryer and while they technically should still fit, the cut gets really weird at the waist and makes them too short.

ditto, and their polos aren't all that great. i'll probably still keep buying shoes, shorts, etc. from them though.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lacoste polos kind of suck, especially for the price. Vintage ones are great though.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
IMHO RL Polo's are still the best overall polo for the money to quality ratio.

Jon.

Especially since the introduction of the custom fit models and because you can find them for ~40-50% off everywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads