• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton prices: how high can they go?

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked the same question of my tailor who regularly takes alterations on 8k+ RTW suits. He says those clients A) have the money, and B) don't have the patience for bespoke. They want something nice now, so they pay a crap ton of money for it because it's a drop in the bucket.
I hear you. In this world of immediate gratification, for most people, patience isn't a strong point. Some people just like the big-timer feeling that they get from shopping in well-known retail store.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried on Kiton RTW. IMO they are nice but not worth the $$$. The shoulders also look generic to me. The NYC store is beautiful. Their bespoke (or MTM I forget) cloth room on the second floor is :drool:

twinpeaks

Reaction score
FAIC in the end Kiton is a 'designer' brand like D&G and the likes. The fact that it targets very different markets (presumably the more discerning market-but in the end not really) and that unlikely D&G it actually produces top quality products, does not invalidate the association, since for me the defining characteristics of a designer brand are 1) the retail price is unjustifiably higher than the manufacture price, and 2) their markets are composed of people who are willing to ignore point 1 due to the ‘aura’ associated with the brand and/or just don’t care about whatever the retail price may be

Kiton’s extortionary shoe prices are a good example. When I go to a Kiton shop, the RTW shoes prices start at £2500. Forget the fact that you can get bespoke anything for that price-let’s assume you are a man in a hurry, like it has been argued in this thread as the Kiton selling point. These £2500 give you what is undoubtedly a great pair of RTW shoes but nothing better than a £670 RTW EG. It is impossible not to take some lessons home even if shoes are not Kiton’s core offer

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
they are basically
meccariello shoes
those are his lasts
and his upper designs
and almost
as well made

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AFAIC in the end Kiton is a 'designer' brand like D&G and the likes. The fact that it targets very different markets (presumably the more discerning market-but in the end not really) and that unlikely D&G it actually produces top quality products, does not invalidate the association, since for me the defining characteristics of a designer brand are 1) the retail price is unjustifiably higher than the manufacture price, and 2) their markets are composed of people who are willing to ignore point 1 due to the ‘aura’ associated with the brand and/or just don’t care about whatever the retail price may be

Kiton’s extortionary shoe prices are a good example. When I go to a Kiton shop, the RTW shoes prices start at £2500. Forget the fact that you can get bespoke anything for that price-let’s assume you are a man in a hurry, like it has been argued in this thread as the Kiton selling point. These £2500 give you what is undoubtedly a great pair of RTW shoes but nothing better than a £670 RTW EG. It is impossible not to take some lessons home even if shoes are not Kiton’s core offer

eek.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I bought Kiton back when when it was in the $3-5K range and I really thought I was crazy for buying in at that price. Yet they are amazing suits and very comfortable and surprisingly durable. Lately I see prices at Neimans and my jaw drops to the floor. I guess it has become an ultra-luxury brand. If they can get it then so be it but I'm a bit priced out now.

Alvinbmx

Reaction score
Not everyone wants to wait or go through the process. Many can't visualize what it will look like and would rather see a high-end RTW, get it tailored and walk away.

Not everyone wants to build their own house for the same reason, even though they could. They would much rather fall in love with something they see,buy it and move in. Same thing.
Very true and well said!

This is why sometimes i rather get a RTW...

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am in the process of interviewing the President of Kiton for SF.
You will be surprised at some the expenses they incur in order to maintain their highest quality standards. It was very impressive to me.
I'll post the interview as soon as it's completed.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You will be surprised at some the expenses they incur in order to maintain their highest quality standards. It was very impressive to me.

Buying out Carlo Barbera can't be cheap.

Grenadier

Reaction score

I want it now!!!

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like prices have skyrocketed across the board in clothing. It's too bad I wasn't buying years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads