• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent,

How long before a wedding would you recommend I start taking to you about possible suit options ? You have my dimensions on file but probably need a few changes here and there.

Not getting married until end of sept and probably will slim down a little bit between now and then

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A year later, the dark brown captoes are still going strong. Now over 4 years old.

Don't forget, you can submit photos for $20 store credit

Kent,

How long before a wedding would you recommend I start taking to you about possible suit options ? You have my dimensions on file but probably need a few changes here and there.

Not getting married until end of sept and probably will slim down a little bit between now and then
As soon as possible! It's always good to get your outfit taken care of well ahead of your wedding, and wear it a few times to see if anything needs adjustment. If you lose weight, you can always have it altered—a tailor can easily take in the waist.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent, will you ever carry Drapers/Caccioppoli?

Email him. We corresponded about this issue last year. My recollection is that Kent has the ability to order from Drapers, but that the cost of the fabric compared to the options he normally goes with made for quite the price bump.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Email him. We corresponded about this issue last year. My recollection is that Kent has the ability to order from Drapers, but that the cost of the fabric compared to the options he normally goes with made for quite the price bump.

Ive looked at some Caccioppoli fabrics that KW can offer at the E range, but Draper's, Fox Bros, lots of Huddersfield, etc are more like H.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Email him.  We corresponded about this issue last year.  My recollection is that Kent has the ability to order from Drapers, but that the cost of the fabric compared to the options he normally goes with made for quite the price bump.

Yeah, but it would be nice to see the books if we don't know exactly which swatch we want

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Interesting discussion above re the navy nailhead jacket. I, too, was considering purchasing it (or an MTM equivalent) as a standalone blazer. Fabric notwithstanding, it seems like it has all the requisites of an ideal blazer and plenty to distinguish it from a suit jacket: unpadded construction, patch pockets, brown horn buttons, etc. I was a bit dismayed, but appreciative, to read the above opinions that nailhead doesn't make for a good odd jacket fabric. Intrigued, I did a bit more research, and discovered that it seems lots of folks in this thread were using this very fabric (7124) for MTM blazers from KW a few years ago:
I went with the navy nailhead, TR7124
I also have one in the works with the 7124. Kent suggested it when I asked for a navy fabric that would go great with a pair of khakis or a pair of jeans.
Getting ready to order a suit in TR7125 as soon as I get adjustments back from Aaron. I'll probably order another in TR7124 after that with patch pockets so I can wear it as an odd jacket too.
Kent had the idea that a blazer should have some texture. He suggested this fabric (I forgot what number, but if you look at my posts in this thread or email him, you'll see it).
Looks like a decent enough blazer fabric to me, especially in that last pic. Perhaps nailhead in general is best for suits, but this particular fabric is good for jackets, hence Kent himself recommending it? But anyway, the website states this fabric is no longer available for MTM, so I guess it's a moot point. I'd likely opt for MTM instead of the RTW jacket, so might as well just get a tried and true "traditional" blazer fabric. Still, I'd be curious to hear Kent's input since he's the expert on his own products.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
This - i made the mistake of ordering a nailhead blazersuit mtm and it just never felt right as a SC. Nailhead is considered a suiting fabric.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this at the Detroit Institute of Art last week and thought it would make a great pocket square. Lots of reds and browns. It's much more vibrant IRL.

wedding-dance-in-the-open-air.jpg

The Wedding Dance by
Pieter Bruegel the Elder

This one also caught my eye. Also more vibrant in person.
26.114.jpg

Tobias and Three Archangels by Neri di Bicci

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
More proof if you treat Kent's shoes right, they'll treat you right. Handgrade loafers in medium brown museum calf, coming up on 3 years of wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads