• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ptr1988

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Seems the Ariston and the other popular navy weaves posted in this thread are no longer sold so going with a more standard VBC Four Season Navy Weave.

Also, I was thinking of going with these options after discussing with Aaron. Not sure if the structure should be standard canvas since I am going with Roped shoulder or not. Anyone have any opinions on that or anything else? Would hate to mess this up. Thanks.

DESIGN OPTIONS
Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Gorge height: high
Structure: Soft full canvas
Lining: Half ($20) - Highly recommended if you will ever be in warm weather
Lining fabric: TR228 navy
Piping: TR228 navy
Lapel size: Standard 3.5"
Lapel facing: No
Shoulder: Roped
Side pockets: Flap, straight
Ticket pocket: No
Flap size: Standard 2"
Chest pocket: Round
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: No (kissing)
Cuff finishing: Working buttonholes
Throat tab: No
Phone pocket: No
Pick stitching: Limited
Buttons: Horn black
Elbow patches: No
Monogram: No
Monogram text:
Trousers front: Flat
Pleat direction: No pleats
Pleat depth: No pleats
Fly: Zipper
Waistband: Side adjusters
Satin stripe: No
Suspender buttons: Yes
Buckle loop: No
Pocket fabric: Black
Trousers side pockets: Slanted
Rear pockets: Button
Trousers lining: To the knee
Cuff: Unfinished
Trousers pick stitching: Limited
Vest front: No lapel, 5 button
Vest side pockets: Welted
Vest chest pockets: Welted
Vest back: Lining
Vest pick stitching: Yes

TRV08 in VBC Four Season
Just a question... if you are going for a standard navy weave... why pick a navy fabric out of VBC Four Season Navy rather than Guabello Four Season, which would be cheaper. I am just wondering as I plan to do the same with almost similar options. The navy fabrics that I was looking at in the Guabello Four Season was TRG025 and TRG002. Just trying to understand the differences.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a question... if you are going for a standard navy weave... why pick a navy fabric out of VBC Four Season Navy rather than Guabello Four Season , which would be cheaper. I am just wondering as I plan to do the same with almost similar options. The navy fabrics that I was looking at in the Guabello Four Season was [COLOR=222222]TRG025 and TRG002. Just trying to understand the differences.[/COLOR]
Honestly, I'm probably not a good person to answer this as I didn't feel the fabrics in person but from what I heard the VBC Four seasons are good value and I haven't heard anything about the Guabello. Also, I think it was a lighter weight which was what I was looking for as it would be a three piece.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have two VBC four seasons and am more than content with them.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a question... if you are going for a standard navy weave... why pick a navy fabric out of VBC Four Season Navy rather than Guabello Four Season, which would be cheaper. I am just wondering as I plan to do the same with almost similar options. The navy fabrics that I was looking at in the Guabello Four Season was TRG025 and TRG002. Just trying to understand the differences.

Email Kent or Aaron. They have always steered me the right way regarding fabric choices.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ironist - why going for high gorge?

FWIW I'm doing roped shoulder and standard canvas.
3r2, wide lapel (42 jacket)

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were you able to find any good pictures of the roped shoulder? When I asked a year/18 months ago, there weren't any.

Below is all I find with a Google search:

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 5'3 so I think the thought was that it would look better since I'm short. Thanks for info. I think I'm leaning toward the standard canvas.

Johnsson

Reaction score

IDK, I see the higher gorge and I feel like its up at my ears

Not sure if you're aware, but the new lower gorge option is unavailable with wide lapels. Unless something has changed very recently. FWIW, I like it in tandem with the wide lapel, less so with the standard lapel.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you're aware, but the new lower gorge option is unavailable with wide lapels. Unless something has changed very recently. FWIW, I like it in tandem with the wide lapel, less so with the standard lapel.
At least from what I can see, which may well be inaccurate, KW's "options" template allows for wide lapels with no gorges...

Johnsson

Reaction score
At least from what I can see, which may well be inaccurate, KW's "options" template allows for wide lapels with no gorges...
That is correct, but I'm speaking from experience. Standard gorge was not available with wide lapels when I last ordered (November-ish), despite appearing on the form as an option. Likewise, the wide lapel was not available on double breasted suits when I inquired. Perhaps this is done in the interest of keeping the form simple and accessible (not including show/hide scripts /nerd).

Speaking of which, does anyone have pictures of a double breasted KW suit in the wild? I've only seen that one fellow's wedding pictures, but no full body or zoomed out Style Forum poses.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is correct, but I'm speaking from experience. Standard gorge was not available with wide lapels when I last ordered (November-ish), despite appearing on the form as an option. Likewise, the wide lapel was not available on double breasted suits when I inquired. Perhaps this is done in the interest of keeping the form simple and accessible (not including show/hide scripts /nerd).

Speaking of which, does anyone have pictures of a double breasted KW suit in the wild? I've only seen that one fellow's wedding pictures, but no full body or zoomed out Style Forum poses.
Ah, that's a bummer! I hope this gets sorted out and becomes available, if they are not currently...especially regarding wide lapels on DBs.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IDK, I see the higher gorge and I feel like its up at my ears

Hmm, I'm rethinking the gorge. I'm not sure if it looks good with my proportions as I'm short and overweight right now. I feel like standard gorge might be safer so I'm leaning towards doing roped shoulders, standard canvas and normal gorge.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads