• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boggly

Reaction score
I just got a new KW polo - the grey with white stripes - in Medium the other day. This is my 3rd polo/rugby purchase from KW, my first being like 3 years ago or more now and the Medium has always been pretty snug on me. This new polo - I am swimming in the medium. I tried washing it to see if it was just because it was new, it shrunk some but it is still pretty outrageously big on me.

Has there been a change in the sizing of KW polos to be more generous?
I had a similar experience. I got a gray polo first, then a navy, and I'm much happier with the fit of the navy. It's noticeably trimmer, even though I washed/dried and (slightly) shrank the gray. I'm thinking there must just be some variance in the production? I'm curious if there's been a sizing change though; that would actually be disappointing.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Yeah my shrinking didn't really make it much smaller but it did make it a good deal shorter. Luckily, I am short dude myself but the fit kind of reminds me the loose, short midriff baring jerseys that UMiami wore in the early 90s.. Loose around the waist and short.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you email Kent, they'll replace your polo if the sizing is off. Great customer service if you just send an email

boggly

Reaction score
Yeah my shrinking didn't really make it much smaller but it did make it a good deal shorter. Luckily, I am short dude myself but the fit kind of reminds me the loose, short midriff baring jerseys that UMiami wore in the early 90s.. Loose around the waist and short.
Exactly my experience with the shrinkage as well.

If you email Kent, they'll replace your polo if the sizing is off. Great customer service if you just send an email
I agree that service is great, but at this point I've worn it enough that it's sort of water under the bridge. Since it was my first one, I didn't know the fit was off til later on anyway. Agreed as a general point, though.

Jsoftz

Reaction score

Yes, I've definitely encountered that before but I wanted to check to see if this was the normal sizing going forward or if there was some sort of issue with my polo that I should request an exchange. I've loved the 3 that I already own!

ptr1988

Reaction score
I am looking to get Kent Wang Benchgrade captoe balmoral. My shoe size in Allen Edmonds is 7.5 D. Should I get the same size for Kent Wang shoe, 7.5 D?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get Kent Wang Benchgrade captoe balmoral. My shoe size in Allen Edmonds is 7.5 D. Should I get the same size for Kent Wang shoe, 7.5 D?

Don't know if that helps you, but my (only) pair of Allen Edmonds shoes is half a size smaller than what I normally wear; I'm usually a 11D in everything. I wear a AE 10.5 (McTavish, 5 last) and my KW captoe are 11.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear the same size, 8.5, in Allen Edmonds Park Avenue as I do in my shoes. So I think our size 7.5 has the best chance of fitting you.

New grenadine ties: bicolor burgundy/black, buff, yellow

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Precisely.

Hojicha tea $15
Hojicha (Japanese for “roast tea”) is a style of green tea. The leaves are heavily roasted at harvest, instead of steamed like sencha. The roasting temperature is much higher than with other Asian teas, turning the leaves brown, while also reducing astringency and caffeine content.

The long roasting process imparts rich, nutty, earthy flavors with hints of barley and smoke. When brewed, hojicha gives off a heady roasted aroma, similar to coffee. Suitable for drinking hot or cold, hojicha is even robust enough to pair with nuts and grilled meats.

Located in the historic center of Kyoto, Ippodo Tea Co. has been blending tea for nearly three centuries. The small, family-owned business sources tea leaves from small farms in the surrounding Kyoto area. This region produces the highest quality tea in Japan, thanks to its mild, humid climate and mineral-rich soil.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Precisely. [COLOR=6699CC] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=6699CC]Hojicha tea $15[/COLOR]
Hojicha (Japanese for “roast tea”) is a style of green tea. The leaves are heavily roasted at harvest, instead of steamed like [COLOR=6699CC]sencha. The roasting temperature is much higher than with other Asian teas, turning the leaves brown, while also reducing astringency and caffeine content. The long roasting process imparts rich, nutty, earthy flavors with hints of barley and smoke. When brewed, hojicha gives off a heady roasted aroma, similar to coffee. Suitable for drinking hot or cold, hojicha is even robust enough to pair with nuts and grilled meats. Located in the historic center of Kyoto, Ippodo Tea Co. has been blending tea for nearly three centuries. The small, family-owned business sources tea leaves from small farms in the surrounding Kyoto area. This region produces the highest quality tea in Japan, thanks to its mild, humid climate and mineral-rich soil. [/COLOR]
Are you sure that will pass border check hahaha?

professorclee

Reaction score
A Visit to Kent Wang NYC

I made an appointment yesterday to visit Kent's physical showroom in New York, located next to the Fashion Institute. There I met Aaron, who runs the place.

I checked out the sizes and fit of Kent's line of shoes and suits.I particularly liked the hand-grade shoes--nice quality.

A bunch of grenadines and knits, including my favorites, the bicolor knits, were on display as were their pocket squares. I always prefer to look at and hold ties in person rather than judge by web photos before buying. I ended up taking away a bicolor brown and blue and a bicolor black and white, which I will wear with a black and white houndstooth.

Lastly, Aaron showed me fabrics from the extensive collection of books for custom suiting and jackets. The tweed line is big for the company this season.

So, if you're in NYC, I recommend swinging by for an hour to check out Kent's offerings in person.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Edo Castle is one of my favorites. I wear it all the time as it's very versatile. I even have the print hanging on my wall. But that's a story for another day.

@barims wearing new prototype sunglasses, and my View of Edo wall print. Of all the art I have hanging on my walls, this is by far my favorite. There is so much detail in it, I can stare at it for hours.

If you want to buy a print of this or Shinagawa, Shah Jahan shamsa, or Le Neptune Francois, email [email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics