• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nymans garden

Kent Wang blue plaid suit
Kent Wang blue gingham shirt
Kent Wang cream plaid cashmere scarf
Kent Wang Carta Marina pocket square
Kent Wang handgrade penny loafer
Kent Wang Bauhaus watch

Hey Kent,

For the MTM Suiting, would it be advisable / acceptable to get a fit nailed down now, so that 2-3 months from now when I actually plan on making a purchase it will be easier? Or would that interfere too much with your "process?" It seems that the overall process would be expected to take around 8 weeks, tops, in total.

Thanks!!
Either way is fine, whatever works for you.

Thanks! I don't have many pocket squares but I thought this one would serve me well as it has shades of blue, gold, and even gray in it.
I think it's one of my most versatile squares.

table21

Reaction score
Hey wanted to ask a few question, before I pick up a charcoal trial suit. I am from Canada and so I am very much worried about the return process. Being that shipping is pretty expensive as well as duty costs are a fortune. Has any member from Canada placed an order here? If so how was your experience?

Cityplace

Reaction score
Hey wanted to ask a few question, before I pick up a charcoal trial suit. I am from Canada and so I am very much worried about the return process. Being that shipping is pretty expensive as well as duty costs are a fortune. Has any member from Canada placed an order here? If so how was your experience?

Are you near the border? I used CBI in Niagara Falls and a hotel lobby mirror to take pics and make the returns. It makes for a funny day, but ultimately worth it. Just need some driving time and friend to take pics helps.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey wanted to ask a few question, before I pick up a charcoal trial suit.  I am from Canada and so I am very much worried about the return process.  Being that shipping is pretty expensive as well as duty costs are a fortune.  Has any member from Canada placed an order here?  If so how was your experience?

Why purchase online when you have a few places in Toronto that you can get a suit? Plus with our dollar being stupid low.

table21

Reaction score
Why purchase online when you have a few places in Toronto that you can get a suit? Plus with our dollar being stupid low.

if you have a recommendation let me know but I have seen some pretty good reviews on kent wang products and it is nice to be able to order something in your size hassle free.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you have a recommendation let me know but I have seen some pretty good reviews on kent wang products and it nice to be able to order something in your size hassle free.

What size are you? NOt taking anything away from Kent Wang. Just figured I'd throw you an option.

I'd recommend Spier and Mackay. He has OTR and MTM suits. I have one of his MTM and I have no complaints

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 Rocket, it's pretty disrespectful to try to take sales away from KW in his affiliate thread. I'll also add that the quality of my Spier and Mackay trousers are nowhere near the level of my KW MTM suits. Frankly, the construction quality on those S and M trousers was not good.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7 Rocket, it's pretty disrespectful to try to take sales away from KW in his affiliate thread. I'll also add that the quality of my Spier and Mackay trousers are nowhere near the level of my KW MTM suits. Frankly, the construction quality on those S and M trousers was not good.

Def not my intention. Was just giving another option, no disrespect intended.

HughJ

Reaction score

Hey wanted to ask a few question, before I pick up a charcoal trial suit.  I am from Canada and so I am very much worried about the return process.  Being that shipping is pretty expensive as well as duty costs are a fortune.  Has any member from Canada placed an order here?  If so how was your experience?

I've made 4 or 5 orders over the past few years (both small and large $), and I'm yet to get dinged. I'm sure my luck will run out eventually, but the fact that they use USPS rather than various couriers really helps your odds.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dark green pindot six-fold tie $85

All the Canadian customers that we've heard back from have told us they have not had to pay any duty. USPS (which delivers through Canada Post) is much less aggressive than UPS/FedEx about collecting duty.

Even if you factor in shipping costs and the current exchange rate, I'm sure our suits are much better than anything comparably priced in Canada.

Looks like the cufflink restock was delayed again.
They're currently stuck in customs. Hopefully should be released soon. Unfortunately, this is out of our control. If you email [email protected], we can let you know when they're back in stock.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
What size are you? NOt taking anything away from Kent Wang. Just figured I'd throw you an option.

I'd recommend Spier and Mackay. He has OTR and MTM suits. I have one of his MTM and I have no complaints
I have both. I wear each around once a week. I like both, and feel that both offer great value, but they are very different suits.

Speaking only on off the rack clothing:

Kent's suit feels comparable to most of the suits that retail for around 2k or more off the rack in Toronto - Canali, etc. My KW suit feels better made than the Samuelsohn suit I wore yesterday. If I needed a charcoal suit, and wanted to buy a top-quality OTR suit, I would jump on that $599 deal immediately.

S&M also offers great value, but their $400 suit takes on the sub-$1200 range, instead of the $2k+ range. My S&M suit jacket feels more like my Z Zegna jacket than the E. Zegna jacket I tried on last week, and compares to Brooks Brothers (at $1097-1200 in Toronto) in terms of quality. They absolutely destroy anything else you can pick up for ~$400 locally, with maybe the exception of a Samuelsohn suit you can pick up for ~450 from the HR outlet if you go on the right sales day. Add the fact that if you wait two months you can probably pick one OTR for $350 or less, and S&M is a great option for respectable day-to-day suits. They are an especially good option for people entering a profession who need an entire wardrobe of suits and shirts now for $2k.

Last edited:

prozach1576

Reaction score
Love that green pindot tie. I would buy it if I didn't already have the other two...

I would like to reiterate my longstanding desire for a dark green version of the shepherd's check tie. I saw one posted in a WAYWT thread a while back, fell in love, and have never come across one. The navy shepherd's check is probably my favorite tie.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a solid tan fabric for a summer SC, probably something like linen. Any suggestions?

TR9031 in the "Classic Spring/Summer 2015" book was a thought, but I'm really worried at the very light weight (~6.5oz). The Italian Spring/Summer book has one or two as well, but they are mostly silk, which I worry will wear very warm.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads