• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordjeebus

Reaction score
I have the plain silver tie clip. It is exactly what it needs to be. No need for a gold one, but I'm sure it's just as good.

Agrajag

Reaction score
I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago, but as I didn't get an answer, I'm going for it one more time.

I'm looking for some chukka boots and the KW ones are obviously on the short list of candidates. There are two reasons I haven't pulled the trigger yet. One is I would prefer something with a rubber sole, but this can be fixed with a topy. The other is the toe looks a bit squared/chiseled for my taste in the pictures I have seen of his benchgrade last. I felt the same way about the C&J tetburys until I saw them IRL and realized they were fantastic.

Could anyone provide me a comparison photo? As I'm guessing no one has both of the chukkas, a photo of two shoes made on the same lasts as these would be much appreciated.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago, but as I didn't get an answer, I'm going for it one more time.

I'm looking for some chukka boots and the KW ones are obviously on the short list of candidates. There are two reasons I haven't pulled the trigger yet. One is I would prefer something with a rubber sole, but this can be fixed with a topy. The other is the toe looks a bit squared/chiseled for my taste in the pictures I have seen of his benchgrade last. I felt the same way about the C&J tetburys until I saw them IRL and realized they were fantastic.

Could anyone provide me a comparison photo? As I'm guessing no one has both of the chukkas, a photo of two shoes made on the same lasts as these would be much appreciated.

I have both the KW chukkas and the C&J Tetburys - I'll try and take a comparison shot of them this evening.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first KW Grenadine tie in Burgundy (along with other items). Hoping it's as good as the forum says as I'm not extremely picky with ties and would rather have it now than wait with Hober.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent,

What's the point-to-point width on your spread collar on your shirts?
I think you will find these photos more useful than a measurement

tumblr_mvtoobHH3a1qex49ko1_500.jpg
tumblr_mtx3kzBoSM1qex49ko1_500.jpg

mike927

Reaction score
I had a question with the sizing for the captoe balmoral. I wear a size 8E Allen Edmond captoe oxfords. Per my searches it appears some people have gone down .5-1 sizes, would the KW captoe balmoral size 8 fit me well? I am mainly concerned with the width of the shoe, I know when I tired a 8.5D Allen Edmond it fit alright but the ball of my feet had some movement.

TheMangelo

Reaction score

I had a question with the sizing for the captoe balmoral. I wear a size 8E Allen Edmond captoe oxfords. Per my searches it appears some people have gone down .5-1 sizes, would the KW captoe balmoral size 8 fit me well? I am mainly concerned with the width of the shoe, I know when I tired a 8.5D Allen Edmond it fit alright but the ball of my feet had some movement. 

It seems that those that have a narrower foot, like myself, size down a half size (I'm a 10.5D in AE's 5 last and a 10 in KW's benchgrade bals fits just fine), whereas if your foot is normal-to-wider you should go with the same size (this was Kent's initial suggestion to me regarding what size to order).

I ended up ordering both a 10 and a 10.5 and simply returned the 10.5—this dinged me a little bit on customs fees (maybe an extra $25-300 or so) but frankly the value-for-money ratio on KW's footwear is good enough that I still feel like I came out ahead.

My $0.02, MSRP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads