• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fJab17

Reaction score
Any guesses which fabric in his books would most closely resemble the one used and showed in the 'about' section under 'suits' on his website ...?

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Frankie22 , the camera angle and me bending over to take the photo is playing games with the view of the pants. The pants are Howard Yount's "made in Italy" , so they are fairly slim. They are also not as "floody" as they appear although I did not have a break put into the pants. Another crappy pic may give you a better idea.

@patliean1 , Kent said he will be getting the next round of boots in about 6 months - better put a reminder on your calendar.

They are in stock on the web?

jpo

Reaction score
Kent,

In October I picked up your awesome sneaker in grey. It's an awesome make up! I put it on and it felt decent. I tossed the box, then wore it into work for a half-day and then realized it squeezed the heck out of my right foot. I left for a trip to Europe the next morning, leaving them at home, which was a bummer as it was going to be my Europe walking sneaker :( Having come back, do I have any options to return without the box or anything? Would you recommend sizing up, even if the length seems to be fine, as it's just the top and sides of my foot getting squeezed.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Frankie22 pants or boots? Boots should be there, not sure about pants over at HY. They are the Brushed Twill Pants - Brown.

irock7777

Reaction score
First Kent Want suit. Will def be ordering many more!
So i def need to take the inseam up just a touch. I also already had the jacket altered to take in the waist to give it a more fitted look. I think the jacket is a touch too long also. This is the ropped shoulder. Notice the dimpling/creasing in the fourth pick. Is that normal with this type of shoulder or do i need to adjust something? Any other suggestions on anything else?

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The jacket is most definitely not too long. It just barely reaches the bottom of your ass and it's level with the crotch of your trousers. If your sleeves are smooth while you are holding your arms at a natural resting state, then there isn't any problem with the shoulder.

All in all, pretty excellent for a first go.

irock7777

Reaction score
The jacket is most definitely not too long. It just barely reaches the bottom of your ass and it's level with the crotch of your trousers. If your sleeves are smooth while you are holding your arms at a natural resting state, then there isn't any problem with the shoulder.

All in all, pretty excellent for a first go.
Ok sweet the jacket length stays put then. As do the shoulders cause you are correct, the shoulders are ok at resting. Next suit will be unpadded anyway.

fjab17 this fabric is VBC 4321.

Robstrongo

Reaction score
Just got my MTM suit (TR7122 from Basic Four Seasons 1) and am looking for feedback on the fit. There was a mix up with the waist measurement, which definitely needs to be taken in and the sleeves which need to be shortened, but I just want to see what else should be adjusted. The pants are unfinished so they are not draping well because they are bunching at the bottom. Please excuse the ****** pics/ lighting.

jacksonvillian

Reaction score
Just got my MTM suit (TR7122 from Basic Four Seasons 1) and am looking for feedback on the fit. There was a mix up with the waist measurement, which definitely needs to be taken in and the sleeves which need to be shortened, but I just want to see what else should be adjusted. The pants are unfinished so they are not draping well because they are bunching at the bottom. Please excuse the ****** pics/ lighting.

I'm a huge fan of this first photo.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like that fabric. The jacket looks good from the front, though I'm not sure how you ended-up with sleeves so long on an MTM garment. Looks like they need to be shortened at least half an inch (the right one even more, perhaps) which might result in the buttons being too close to the end, assuming you opted for functional cuffs. Back of the jacket and trousers look very messy. Don't know about the trousers, but the jacket can be cleaned-up with some tailoring and definitely on any future MTM orders.

Timmbo

Reaction score
Longtime lurker/frequenter of other forums - originally from London, I bought a couple of Kent Wang ties a couple of years ago and never got round to exploring his other offerings. Having moved to NYC for work a couple of months ago, I dropped them an email to see if I could swing by the pop-up shop to try on some outerwear. I went over today - although the trench was not quite what I was after, I did end up with an order for a 3-piece in Ariston Navy (AR0011).

I must say, very impressed by the apparent quality of the construction, choice of fabrics and price point. Also, Aaron is a lovely chap - very knowledgable, helpful and good to have a chat with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads