1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Just ordered a navy pindot white tie. Any idea when you will restock the 3" navy grenadine? The site says early April...definitely want to pick one up!

Thanks

2. Grenadier

Grenadier Well-Known Member

Any chance of over-the-calf socks?

3. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

ah! i waited too long and the dupioni red ps is no more...

4. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Well-Known Member

Hey Kent,

Any idea when you'll have more sizes in the purple gingham shirt?

Thanks

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Navy grenadine 3" will be restocked in June. Sorry, the text was from the last time it was out of stock.

Maybe OTC Marcoliani in the future.

Dupioni red and blue will be back in early June.

Most sizes of purple gingham will be restocked this week.

6. Kent Wang

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] New cotton pocket squares. The two white ones have a very subtle paisley pattern. Also, the shirt shipment has arrived and most sizes have been restocked.

7. sweatlodge

sweatlodge Member

For those who requested fit pics, here's my polo. Got the large and love the fit (i'm 5'11" 165 lbs., usually get shirts in a medium or small).

I love the shirt, the collar, the feel of it, everything. Fit-wise, I only wish the sleeves were a bit longer. Feel like the shirt is trying to show off biceps that I don't have.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to rock the royal blue without looking like I work at best buy.

Looking forward to the striped polos.
    [​IMG]

8. dnesan

dnesan Member

For those who requested fit pics, here's my polo. Got the large and love the fit (i'm 5'11" 165 lbs., usually get shirts in a medium or small).

I love the shirt, the collar, the feel of it, everything. Fit-wise, I only wish the sleeves were a bit longer. Feel like the shirt is trying to show off biceps that I don't have.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to rock the royal blue without looking like I work at best buy.

That's a good look, but as I'm only 5'8, I'm afraid the large polos I ordered will look too long especially the placket. Kent, did you ever make a decision as to shortening the placket and length?

9. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

I received another OCBD from Kent and would like to encourage people to check them out if you don't have one and are in the market. The fit, quality of materials, length and the absence of a front placket or pocket make it my favorite casual shirt.

10. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

Shirt looks great, but I agree that the sleeves are a touch short. I associate really short sleeves with those awful "muscle" polos made by Hollister and Abercrombie that teenagers wear. That would be the one change I'd advocate for: slightly longer sleeves. Or maybe I just need to work out more. All in all though, looks like a great buy. I look forward to purchasing one of Kent's grenadines in the near future.

11. acridsheep

acridsheep Well-Known Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Shirt looks great, but I agree that the sleeves are a touch short. I associate really short sleeves with those awful "muscle" polos made by Hollister and Abercrombie that teenagers wear. That would be the one change I'd advocate for: slightly longer sleeves. Or maybe I just need to work out more. All in all though, looks like a great buy. I look forward to purchasing one of Kent's grenadines in the near future.

They look good to me. Then again, I want a collared wifebeater so I can show off the fruits (apples) of my labor.

12. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

They look good to me. Then again, I want a collared wifebeater so I can show off the fruits (apples) of my labor.

Collared wifebeater would be interesting, but I think a sleeve-less button-down dress shirt would be more classy.

13. Kent Wang

[​IMG] After consulting Fat Tony, I've decided to keep the placket as is. I think the sleeve length looks perfect to me.

14. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

After consulting Fat Tony, I've decided to keep the placket as is.

I think the sleeve length looks perfect to me.

That is freakin' awesome Kent! [​IMG]

15. sweatlodge

sweatlodge Member

After consulting Fat Tony, I've decided to keep the placket as is.

I think the sleeve length looks perfect to me.

All we ask from you is perfection.

16. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

I find the sleeve length just right and for polos I prefer to have the sleeves hug my arms a bit more. Don't diss on me bro. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. softy

softy Well-Known Member

I agree with the above re: length, but it's true that I, too, should probably work out more.

18. cufflinked

cufflinked Member

I received another OCBD from Kent and would like to encourage people to check them out if you don't have one and are in the market. The fit, quality of materials, length and the absence of a front placket or pocket make it my favorite casual shirt.

Isn't the absence of a front placket and a pocket a sign of a more formal shirt rather than being casual?

19. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Isn't the absence of a front placket and a pocket a sign of a more formal shirt rather than being casual?
    Yes, but I consider oxford cloth and button down collars casual points and so the shirts serve two functions for me...office wear until they are faded and fraying and then weekend wear with jeans, cords, chinos or shorts.

20. soylentbrown

soylentbrown Member

has anyone noticed a slight difference in fit between the royal blue polo and the light blue polo?

not sure if it's a difference in fabric or what, but the XL royal blue fits me perfectly, while the XL light blue feels just a little bit tight, especially in the back, and I have trouble getting it off. I've laid them on top of each other, and they seem to be the same measurements. Weird.