• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just finished a 20 day water fast

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seriously, mods, this thread is going to encourage someone to try something as stupid as what op did. Then you will be sued and they will win. Delete this dumb ******* thread in it's entirety. Please.

When you're a hammer, everything is a nail. This thread is great man, let it ride.

lol...this thread.
'

+1

There was a great BBC doc on a few months ago about the topic of fasting, there is significant research in this area which indicates some intermittent fasting is beneficial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc

The host tried all kids of fasts to reduce glucose, he settled on a 5 day what you want + 2 days @ 600 calories a day. No actual fasting, just restriction. The before and after was significant, the guy was thinner and much healthier looking.

20 days is a long time. I'd struggle with 1. Actually, in all truth I'd struggle with a meal.

Last edited:

Tzadik

Reaction score
Doing the same thing here, but going for the full forty if I my body can handle it. How was your first week?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They say that being hungry sharpens the mental function. I tend to agree. If you need to eat you're senses are sharpened to get a forest animal. This developed a long time ago, we're not leveraging this skill looking for a local pizza.

So, the early comments about mental function made sense.

Last edited:

Eli999

Reaction score
wow i can't believe people are so ignorant and have such strong opinions about things they know nothing about. Don't let negative people bring you down. They just don't know. I always forgive them and it inspires me to constantly better myself :)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JilSlander

Reaction score
I cringed when I read the topic title.

Actually, I can give it a try, considering I have wisdom teeth removal soon.

mammal

Reaction score
Great thread, i'm on day 18 of my water fast, I have to concur with the OP, he seems like a bright and well adjusted young man. Not sure why he is getting quite such a beating by some of the folks on here, who quite frankly are pretty vile and are clearly not speaking from experience. They talk the scientific talk, but forget the basis: empiricism. Newton distorted his eyeball with a metal instrument to the point of near blindness in the interests of science; whatever happened to that kind of pioneering spirit? How many great scientists used themselves as test subjects?

However, construcive criticism is sensible, fasting isn't to be taken casually. Eating disorders at either end of the spectrum are miserable and deadly.

If people were really so scientific as they profess they would engage this thread in the spirit of enquiry and curiosity, rather than trying to erase it or wishing the OP dead.

Besides, it's interesting to have a break from consumerism for a few days. I'm not saying it's spectacular, but it is interesting.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is some real eating disordered **** in here guys

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP was on Shark Tank tonight. Magic pills and water, no food needed.

scholseys

Reaction score
I am a muslim, we fast one whole month a year. I generally gain weight during the month of fasting. We are not allowed to eat or drink from sunrise to sunset but ones the sun sets I eat like a monster....so i end up gaining weight during the month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads