• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

drewcandraw

Reaction score
how is the width? Would you say there last is a generous D width or narrower? I'm kinda interested as my current Truman Boots work but I would have loved more room in the forefoot for my foot width.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
how is the width? Would you say there last is a generous D width or narrower? I'm kinda interested as my current Truman Boots work but I would have loved more room in the forefoot for my foot width.

I would say it's a hair wider than Truman's last, but the toe on this last comes to a point. The 11 I got is all around more roomy than my Trumans in 10.5 and my size 10 Vibergs. I'm attaching a top down shot here so you can see how it's wider at the forefoot, and then slims to a point.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
They offer free international shipping. I just ordered the monkey boot II a few days ago and was only charged $235 for the boots + $6 PP fees

Did you get the 'brush off' leather?

I'm trying to figure out how that would be cared for/maintained.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like my Truman boots (have two pairs) are slightly wider than my Junkard boots, and the toe is definitely a little pointier on the Junkard and more rounder on the Truman. I went true to size with both, and both fit very well. FWIW, I'm a normal 8d - feet are not wide by any means.

I would say it's a hair wider than Truman's last, but the toe on this last comes to a point. The 11 I got is all around more roomy than my Trumans in 10.5 and my size 10 Vibergs. I'm attaching a top down shot here so you can see how it's wider at the forefoot, and then slims to a point.

And this is why sizing is so subjective haha. I don't doubt you for one bit, but I have a size 8 in both Truman and Junkard and the Junkard is snugger. Honestly, for me I believe it's because the end of the Junkard is pointier while the Trumans are a little more round. I would say that the toe of the Junkard is more similar to my Viberg 2030 than my Truman. All are great boots though, and it's very hard to beat Junkard for the price that I paid especially for shell cordovan.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The junkards look nice but the pointier last would be a no go for me.

The Monkey boot is tempting simply as it is a style I am not sure how much I would wear and too get one pretty inexpensive is cool.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how much their boots cost in USD? i didn't see any pricing on their website. the SC2078 service boots with RO waxed flesh cooper brown are gorgeous. thanks!

drewcandraw

Reaction score
yea, i checked the website and looking at the pics more here, it may be too narrow at the top due to the pointier toes. But damn that price makes it so good to get my hands of shell for the first time. I'll email and ask if they will come out with a rounder toebox, one can hope.

mikej77

Reaction score
I didn't notice the pointier toebox but after reading the last few comments it seems a bit more apparent now. I was planning to order a pair but was trying to decide between Junkard and Txture. One thing I like with Txture is the choice of the last. Their Budokan last has a nice round toe box.

drewcandraw

Reaction score
hit them in the DMs lol..They can do a custom sc 2078 with a round toe which may be a route for you wider foot people like me. Now i just need to measure my foot in cm to send them and choose a shell color. Not sure if i should go with whiskey or get navy/green for something different.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a bunch of you guys have Viberg 2030, Truman, and now these.

How about a top down shot of all 3 lasts, so we can see for ourselves the direct comparison. Much appreciated.

Digging the monkey boots myself.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Hey guys need help on sizing.
I am a TTS 12
11.5 in Viberg and Alden
When I reached out to Junkard they recommeded 11.5 on the SC2078, they stated the last runs wide. I sent them my foot tracing, my foot measures 11.5"

I see all of you state TTS

Please Help

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any ideas on the sources of the leather? Several years ago read some horror stories about how leather is tanned in some poor countries...and the people that have to do that work...it is actually what lead me to seek out American Made shoes with tannieries listed.

As was mentioned prior for similar reasons...now I have Vibergs, English, Spanish, shoes etc...lol I do try to confirm tanneries.

drewcandraw

Reaction score
Based of Matt's initial post, I assume all the shell offering is from Toscana, I'll hit them in the DMs later and see what they answer back with.

skyfall

Reaction score

Did you get the 'brush off' leather?

I'm trying to figure out how that would be cared for/maintained.

Yes, i got the brush off finish.
Mine are RTWs and should look exactly like the brown pair in this picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads