• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Based of Matt's initial post, I assume all the shell offering is from Toscana, I'll hit them in the DMs later and see what they answer back with.
This is correct, all the shell is from Toscana. I've also spoken with the tannery about the shell they produce. It seems to be quality stuff. They're doing a custom olive color collaboration which they just posted on their IG. I don't know where they get their other leathers from though.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my rough outs with about 25 wears

fitchottie

Reaction score

How is the overall weight of the boots? How is the thickness of the leather.

Also is there a place to read how these are constructed, what materials they use... not seeing a lot on the net.

Thank you

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is the overall weight of the boots? How is the thickness of the leather.

Hi here is a pic of the leather

Weight- I don't think they are very heavy. Pretty similar weight to the conistons (pic included). I'd say Junkard just a tad heavier in the heel I did get double leather sole with rubber sole over that

Good question on where they get leather. These are stitch down but not sure of their process. I got 9.5. Quite roomy in toe box. The c&j are 8.5e U.K.

Hope this helps

anjunafan

Reaction score
I have a pair of grey shells being built. Should be here soon as today is week 5. I'd guess mid January.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
This is correct, all the shell is from Toscana. I've also spoken with the tannery about the shell they produce. It seems to be quality stuff. They're doing a custom olive color collaboration which they just posted on their IG. I don't know where they get their other leathers from though.

what is their IG account?

anjunafan

Reaction score
@junkardcompany and their shell is from @shellcordovan

I'll do cranberry next if I like my grey pair

fitchottie

Reaction score

Hi here is a pic of the leather

Weight- I don't think they are very heavy. Pretty similar weight to the conistons (pic included). I'd say Junkard just a tad heavier in the heel I did get double leather sole with rubber sole over that

Good question on where they get leather. These are stitch down but not sure of their process. I got 9.5. Quite roomy in toe box. The c&j are 8.5e U.K.

Hope this helps

lol what do Conistons weigh.. All I know is Alden and Viberg and I really like the weight of Vibergs... light always feels cheap to me. Definitely interested in their construction and materials used. They seem to get popular quick but not a lot of info on them

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol what do Conistons weigh.. All I know is Alden and Viberg and I really like the weight of Vibergs... light always feels cheap to me. Definitely interested in their construction and materials used. They seem to get popular quick but not a lot of info on them

1f600.png
Lighter than vibergs for sure. My Alden's have crepe sole and they are heavy. Probably close to same weight as Alden snuff on leather or commando but I don't have any Alden suede at the moment

fitchottie

Reaction score

1f600.png
Lighter than vibergs for sure. My Alden's have crepe sole and they are heavy. Probably close to same weight as Alden snuff on leather or commando but I don't have any Alden suede at the moment

What do you think of the construction... how do you think they compare to Alden or Vibergs, or Truman... I know they were a lot less.. :)

anjunafan

Reaction score
I tried to ask them about their construction, but in the end all I got was "all leather sir"

No idea if they use cork, fiberboard or leather as a cavity filler, or what types of insole they use.

Shalomp

Reaction score
Just received my Junkard Boots. I noticed there aren't any threads on this company so I figured I would start one with pics of one of their most popular Shell Cordovan offerings right now, the sc2089. The leather is from an italian tannery in Toscana.

I've only had them for a few hours so I'm not ready to do a write up but my first impressions are good. I'll add a write up here after I've worn them for a few days.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads