• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

G&G are definitely tighter fitting than JL. However, with most JL lasts I would not size differently except the JL 7000 I would go half size smaller than G&G.

I am US 9.5D on Allen Edmond park avenue, all Edward Green last 606, 890 I take 8.5UK E & G&G I have been taking 9UK E so for JL you are recommending going down to 8.5 UK from 9.5UK accept 7000 last? And yes G&G are very tight & snug fitting most ppl take same size as there Edward green size which is half down from your U.S. Sizing but 9UK E was very good snug fit on G&G so I didn't bother going down to 8.5 UK E I figured it might be way too tight. Your help is greatly appreciated.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Generally speaking I take EG and G&G at US size less .5 and JL and C&J at US size less 1.

That's what I thought also and that's why I ask I have not tried G&G 8.5 E UK but 9Uk E was snug enough that I didn't feel going down to 8.5UK would be worth it or too tight. And For EG 606 Dover on 9UK E felt big so went with 8.5UK and same with EG 890 last 8.5UK E worked very well that is why I wonder if I am taking a wrong size pic of shoes are on my photo album but they fit perfectly fine.

Last edited:

lucci

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hoping to get some advice from the JL experts.

I just started getting into this and I've been thinking of getting my first pair of JL( the Oxford Philip II).

My first question is does this one ever go on sale? If so, when and where's generally the best time to buy this shoe? What's considered a great price for this shoe?

I live in Los Angeles and I can drive to the Costa Mesa store if needed, but I'm not sureif it's even worth driving down there if it's just going to be full price.

I know if I order from Neiman Marcus I can stack 5% cashback from Discover and shopping portals for a total of 13% but I was curious to see if there's a better way to do this.

I'm not in a real rush to buy these so I can be patient if there's going to be potentially a great opportunity within the next 3-6 months.

Thanks for any advice any of you have.
First of all, the best step you should take in order to get this Graal in your feet is letting me know your size and the color you are looking for. Then, they might be on your feet way faster than you expect !!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads