• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Basalt/Big Tee today in Washed Ocean and Washed Lavender. Based on JE stock pics, I was hoping the Washed Ocean would be more like the washed navy from season 7, but it’s more like a turquoise or teal/aqua blue. Idk if it’s a keeper. Also, it doesn’t really seem as “washed” as JE’s previously released washed items, nor does the fabric have that sheen.

Pics attached for anyone wondering what it looks like next to the Season 7’s Washed Navy.

View attachment 950588

View attachment 950589

Its def a darker blue than the model pics show. Same thing with the ocean b-ball short but overall still a nice color for spring/summer. I’m going to guess and hope it will fade nicely with wear.

57E910A9-F156-4889-9C85-C55DE1572C8E.jpeg

wizzeak

Reaction score
Thoughts on the JE leather rider? I like the styling, but still iffy on the texture of the leather. Not familiar with the proper terms but it has that "pebbled" look. Also unsure of the quality of leather as there isn't much talk about it on Google.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody has a size small in the cargos, would you mind posting a measurement of the waist across? Just curious if JE's chart is accurate.

jcecco

Reaction score
Wanting to try out a couple different styles of T's and looking for some help on sizing.
I'm 6'3 around 185, prefer a bit of a slimmer fit and not too oversized.

I've worn the classic crew in an XL but I'm finding them a bit too big. So i'm thinking of sizing down to a L.

How would you guys recommend sizing for the basalt and anti? From what I read people have sized down on those but if I go down to a medium I'm worried it's going to be too tight/short.

Thanks!

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanting to try out a couple different styles of T's and looking for some help on sizing.
I'm 6'3 around 185, prefer a bit of a slimmer fit and not too oversized.

I've worn the classic crew in an XL but I'm finding them a bit too big. So i'm thinking of sizing down to a L.

How would you guys recommend sizing for the basalt and anti? From what I read people have sized down on those but if I go down to a medium I'm worried it's going to be too tight/short.

Thanks!

Don’t do a M in the anti.. it will be way too short in the back, and slightly short in the front based on your height.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just sharing some thoughts. Went out and hit some stores this weekend and got to see some stuff in person.

Sahara's in hand are amazing. The fit is perfect and they feel very substantial. They are kind of close to Springs in color but with the additional distress detail on one leg. I could see myself selling off one of my other pair to add those at some point in the future. I wish I would've took some fitpics when I tried them on. I failed the group.

Next, the Poppy Shirt. I'm sorry I ever hated on this shirt. Tried it on at Notre just now. It's way more heavyweight and feels more quality than it looks in photos. Definitely on par quality and fit wise than what other brands like Saint Laurent are putting out at double the price. I'm super happy I bought it from xhibition on sale. Can't wait to get it in this week.

Happy Easter y'all!

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just sharing some thoughts. Went out and hit some stores this weekend and got to see some stuff in person.

Sahara's in hand are amazing. The fit is perfect and they feel very substantial. They are kind of close to Springs in color but with the additional distress detail on one leg. I could see myself selling off one of my other pair to add those at some point in the future. I wish I would've took some fitpics when I tried them on. I failed the group.

Next, the Poppy Shirt. I'm sorry I ever hated on this shirt. Tried it on at Notre just now. It's way more heavyweight and feels more quality than it looks in photos. Definitely on par quality and fit wise than what other brands like Saint Laurent are putting out at double the price. I'm super happy I bought it from xhibition on sale. Can't wait to get it in this week.

Happy Easter y'all!

The poppy shirt quality is way nicer than the jelly shirt. I know people originally complained about the price but the slight increase is more than worth it.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy Easter y'all!

Do you have Coast 2's?
Wondering how close they are to them. I like the Sahara's but it might be repetitive in my current lineup.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have Coast 2's?
Wondering how close they are to them. I like the Sahara's but it might be repetitive in my current lineup.

Don't have Coast 2s but they are pretty similar to a lot of other light washes JEs done. That's why I'd definitely have to sell one of my other pair to justify having them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads