• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mkchll

Reaction score
I wonder what Slater would say to the fact that the models are supposedly wearing size Large, and the fit seems to be on point. They are skinny and tall at 6"2 and 160 lbs. So I am not sure how this translates to sizing down. I guess we will find out in due time....
I’m a 33 waist and went with a large because the model was in a large even though the JE sites measurements looked like a Med would fit. I really hope these aren’t swimming on me.
628BF1FC-9C70-487B-A5FB-CD595A5C9D86.jpeg

Last edited:

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
^ same man. 33 waist, I have escobars in both M and L and they both fit me good, depends on what I'm wanting at the moment. For the cargos, it seems like a bit of a stretch to have someone that wears XL escobars to be sizing down to the medium cargoes, especially when the models with 30 inch waists who wear size S escobars are wearing large cargo pants.

TBH it's a gamble for sure, and one that you had to make in a few minutes otherwise they'd be sold out. Also, JE has had a problem with putting out accurate size charts for years at the time of release, so I wouldn't even be surprised it that waist size is wrong. Stay tuned and GLTA

hoodedknight

Reaction score
Damn those olive cargo pants sold out quick! I mainly wanted them to wear with my Yeezy crepe boots (Season 4). I was thinking retail would be ~ 250, them being almost $400 is kinda pushing it. I get the made in Japan tag. I love my Japanese denim; every pair of JE denim shoulkd be Japan made from Japanese denim - but other stuff just makes sure the quality is good, whether it's US made or even Chinese like the Bogota. Bogota is a great example of supurb quality for a great price. Made in China definetly kept the price lower for the piece, but the quality is still all there. Guess I won't be getting the cargos, unless a restock will follow. But hey, anyone want to get rid of a small olive pair - I'm your man.

Instead I'll spoil myself and buy a lower reciever for my AR project. Upper is all done, barrel, BCG, everything. Lower reciever is the only thing keeping it from being shootable (talking to myself here, I enjoy my hobbies).
No one talking **** now that dudes talking bout his hobby! Jeez

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the cargos are cool to wear casually. People wear sweats so why not these. I’ll wait for reviews to see how the sizes work. I don’t know if the xs will be too big or not. I’m not gambling with non cast 2 or terry anymore. Haven’t had the best of luck with any of the chinos.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
They deleted (JE+) all the comments..... I guess it's a trend now with companies not liking comments on their iG page.
Ha, I know, JE was getting full pressed flamed for the pricing on that jacket. Which, frankly was warranted. They deleted a comment thread I was on that wasn’t even that bad at all but I think someone mentioned it would make sale szn. I checked back several times. Each time I saw some new comments bitching about price but noticed JE had gone through deleted most the past comments bitching about it. I understand why they'd want to delete all of the negative comments but that’s something I kind of thought JE was above. Especially for something they kind of brought onto them selves. It just seems disingenuous to go through the comments on a social media platform and delete all the critical ones and only leave the positive ones. Again, I understand it but just thought it was something JE was bigger than especially given the situation.

Edit - Just checked the IG post again and it looks like they've now deleted the whole thing, lol, well at least I hope they took some of the reasonable comments to heart and will chill on the price hikes

Last edited:

TheOpOg

Reaction score
As far as the Cargo pants, I've always loved them. Still have and rock several pairs. I have a feeling they are going to blow up again. Which kinda bugs me because I don't want the IG flexers to murder them like they do every other fad but whatever. Speaking of that, yeah, adidas produced waaaaay too may 350v2's. I've been debating selling mine as they hardly get used but I have two of the more rare ones, Beluga's and Coppers. Part of me thinks in 20-30 years, I would be kicking myself for selling them. Could be a cool thing to pass down to a son or daughter. Imagine your dad handing you his OG 1's.

Love the 700's though (Although I do hate them with skin tight jeans like all the rappers and b-ballers have been rocking) Nice to finally have a rare Yeezy again (although still pissed they re-released the OG's, smh). They look fire, are unique, and comfy as hell. Been in and out of wheelchairs and surgeries since I broke both my feet 2 years ago. Gained a ton of weight and being on my feet for long periods hurts. 700's have a perfect mix of comfort and support. It's one of the only shoes I found I can be on my feet all day and hardly notice them. I have been beating on mine for months. Will definitely cop other color combos when they come out. Hope people keep hating on them so I can, lol. Since we were talking about baggy pants and 700's. Thought I'd throw up my comfy Sunday fit from yesterday.

#ThiccBitch
- Rhude Hoodie (quality is insane, puts JE to shame but also almost twice as much)
- JE AE
- Rick
-700's

Rhude boy.jpg
Rhude boy 3.PNG

MaTtKs

Reaction score
As far as the Cargo pants, I've always loved them. Still have and rock several pairs. I have a feeling they are going to blow up again. Which kinda bugs me because I don't want the IG flexers to murder them like they do every other fad but whatever. Speaking of that, yeah, adidas produced waaaaay too may 350v2's. I've been debating selling mine as they hardly get used but I have two of the more rare ones, Beluga's and Coppers. Part of me thinks in 20-30 years, I would be kicking myself for selling them. Could be a cool thing to pass down to a son or daughter. Imagine your dad handing you his OG 1's.

Love the 700's though (Although I do hate them with skin tight jeans like all the rappers and b-ballers have been rocking) Nice to finally have a rare Yeezy again (although still pissed they re-released the OG's, smh). They look fire, are unique, and comfy as hell. Been in and out of wheelchairs and surgeries since I broke both my feet 2 years ago. Gained a ton of weight and being on my feet for long periods hurts. 700's have a perfect mix of comfort and support. It's one of the only shoes I found I can be on my feet all day and hardly notice them. I have been beating on mine for months. Will definitely cop other color combos when they come out. Hope people keep hating on them so I can, lol. Since we were talking about baggy pants and 700's. Thought I'd throw up my comfy Sunday fit from yesterday.

#ThiccBitch
- Rhude Hoodie (quality is insane, puts JE to shame but also almost twice as much)
- JE AE
- Rick
-700's

View attachment 948436 View attachment 948437
My man. I've been rocking my Rhude Hoodie, Rick sweats, and Off White Prestos lately. I dig that hoodie (perfect with the 700s), but didn't cop because of the rehab mess on it. I did cop the blue psycho skull hoodie, but of course had to send it back for another size because Rhuigi has absolutely zero quality control or size consistency. Oh, and they gave me the wrong return address so FedEx couldn't deliver it back to them today. Good times.

I've got a similar fit to the one you posted that I need to throw up on my IG later this week.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
My man. I've been rocking my Rhude Hoodie, Rick sweats, and Off White Prestos lately. I dig that hoodie (perfect with the 700s), but didn't cop because of the rehab mess on it. I did cop the blue psycho skull hoodie, but of course had to send it back for another size because Rhuigi has absolutely zero quality control or size consistency. Oh, and they gave me the wrong return address so FedEx couldn't deliver it back to them today. Good times.

I've got a similar fit to the one you posted that I need to throw up on my IG later this week.
Yeah, love this hoodie the new cut and terry this season is so comfy. If I was my own boss and could wear whatever the **** I wanted I’d probably rock a hoodie and sweats every day like Kanye (but yeah, he’s not the icon he used to be). I almost wasn’t going to buy a hoodie this expensive with a rehab on it as well but I also have a person connection to it because I had an some trouble getting off all those pills after my first couple surgeries. So to me it was kind of a celebration of having cut that **** out of my life for awhile now and after I tried it on I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I actually liked the Malibu one a lot too but wasn’t down with the whole “luxury rehab” vibe trying to glorify it. I heard all the hell of trying to deal with Rhude directly, lol, so I tried on and bought straight from Barney’s. Apparently he’s a great artist but not so much of a business man yet. If he gets the right people around him he should be fine.

Speaking of 700s I’m digging mine. Also, been wearing the ripstop jacket a ton! glad I decided to hold onto it.

View attachment 948452
Dude, I just tried on the new tie- dye zip-stop at Barney’s. It is so awesome! I hated on the first one mostly because of the price but after trying on I am almost thinking about copping this new one at full price *gasp*

Last edited:

MaTtKs

Reaction score
TheOpOg said:
Yeah, love this hoodie the new cut and terry this season is so comfy. If I was my own boss and could wear whatever the **** I wanted I’d probably rock a hoodie and sweats every day like Kanye (but yeah, he’s not the icon he used to be). I almost wasn’t going to buy a hoodie this expensive with a rehab on it as well but I also have a person connection to it because I had an some trouble getting off all those pills after my first couple surgeries. So to me it was kind of a celebration of having cut that **** out of my life for awhile now and after I tried it on I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I actually liked the Malibu one a lot too but wasn’t down with the whole “luxury rehab” vibe trying to glorify it. I heard all the hell of trying to deal with Rhude directly, lol, so I tried on and bought straight from Barney’s. Apparently he’s a great artist but not so much of a business man yet. If he gets the right people around him he should be fine.
I can respect that. Hope all is well now.

Buying Rhude in-store is definitely the safest, it's just not always possible given he drops different things at different times with different stores lol. I'm one of his biggest supporters, and if I didn't dig the hell out of his stuff I would've been out a long time ago. Pulling for him to get his **** together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads