• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ehose2110

Reaction score
Just received my Vandals from ssense and upon unboxing, I notice what look like white scratches on the shoe. I've never had a sneaker made with this material but am assuming this isn't typical. Did anyone else see this on theirs?

IMG_1949.JPG

Crossbones

Reaction score
Any word on the places that still have the wool stadium still in stock (size medium)?

Ideally looking for a place that has comparative pricing to JE and a 10-15% off coupon. I noticed Roden Gray still has it but the conversion isn't too favorable and I would have to pay tax.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys. In order to keep the conversation on topic, I'm going to move the wallet talk (my posts included) to a new "Wallet thread - what do you carry?" thread in a sec. I'll post the link here in a bit.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mikeb88

Reaction score
Non JE related question. I'm looking to buy my first pair of common projects chelsea boots. Is there any difference between the tan cw and the sand cw? The sand cw is almost always sold out in my sz but both look very similar.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non JE related question. I'm looking to buy my first pair of common projects chelsea boots. Is there any difference between the tan cw and the sand cw? The sand cw is almost always sold out in my sz but both look very similar.
Look at the color code on the side of the shoes, if the codes match then they are the same

ChillFil

Reaction score
What is you guys' opinion on the polartec halfzip? Really interested in picking it up? Is it thin/breathable enough to be worn in around 60F weather? I live in Florida we have a cold front right now. It's in the 60's but in the sun you're sweating. We only have 2 cold months here where it drops below 50 and even close to the 30s.

ChillFil

Reaction score
Oh and anyone aware of any Mr Porter discounts? (US)

I have 2 one-time us 10% codes for NIKE that can both be used for one purchase.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is you guys' opinion on the polartec halfzip? Really interested in picking it up? Is it thin/breathable enough to be worn in around 60F weather? I live in Florida we have a cold front right now. It's in the 60's but in the sun you're sweating. We only have 2 cold months here where it drops below 50 and even close to the 30s.

you will die. Its very very warm.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol...you live in florida. stop trying to force winter clothes on yourself. it's not worth it!

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lets see one of the outfits u wear with the SLP teddy, i dont think i have seen u wear and post it here.

I'm packing today for a work trip, so I had to do this anyway but I haven't actually worn these fits out yet. I feel like these are all different use cases for me which makes the jacket so versatile. I feel like the flash part only comes in when you know the jacket, how much it runs, etc. Here's a few fits, all paired with various JE in something I'd wear throughout the day traveling, or to a daytime event, and finally something a little more evening/dinner appropriate.

9821AF58-3247-4BA5-B677-C2A890E29923.JPG 31E3A8BB-099C-47BF-A82B-892C59A5A565.JPG 5BF2A3F2-8286-4A4E-B836-E2AFBC0479C7.JPG B298D37E-4AC0-4352-8B59-F32681BF60A3.JPG

ChillFil

Reaction score
lol...you live in florida. stop trying to force winter clothes on yourself. it's not worth it!
I live in northern Florida. It can get very chilly here during the winter months. Today I wore my Bogota with an ae underneath and it felt totally fine.

South Florida is different. It doesn't really get hotter there than it does here; it just stays hot year round. Here north/central where I live it can get chilly. We've even had 30s during January, sometimes Feb/Dec.

PS: Easy for you to say! I'm tired of wearing tees/denim all the time. Yea I got nice pairs of the Cast 2 and JE tees but I want to layer jackets and hoodies. Hoodies layered under jackets for the really cold moths; un-zipped jackets over a tee for the cool months. I'm just curious if the Polartec half zip would be fine un-zipped over a tee. It also gets very windy in the winter months thats where majority of the cold comes from.

Last edited:

chris_rosario

Reaction score
Thoughts on Ebisu VS Escobar sweats, which are better or alternatives from other brands priced similarly? Looking for something comfortable to travel in but not look sloppy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads