• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah that is odd, I've definitely noticed some larger sizing discrepancies as well. I'm 5'10" and the medium Raschel shorts fit like a hula skirt on me. I wear medium in everything else JE. I just ordered a small from Kith and hope I don't swim in those too.

I wear a 28 in JE denim and ordered the small in Raschel shorts and fit is on point.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So jealous of these. They're from the Bergdorf collab right? And they fit slim like the classic crew?

Yup bergdorf collab, they def fit slimmer and shorter than the recent classic curves. I think the comix also has something to do with it, because it drapes differently, but it's def shorter in length. The comix are prob my favorite tees JE made, but I don't mind that the new classic curves are larger. Just a different look. I think they updated the fit to go with the current trends

hannie2

Reaction score

Yeah that is odd, I've definitely noticed some larger sizing discrepancies as well. I'm 5'10" and the medium Raschel shorts fit like a hula skirt on me. I wear medium in everything else JE. I just ordered a small from Kith and hope I don't swim in those too.

My plumas in size 33 fits like a 34 and customer service said there's differences in how individual pair is sewed. But how do you have such a large discrepancy in terms of fit... smh.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a company is going to use the whole "Discrepancy" or "margin of error" cop out, it should at least state exactly what it is.....5% 10% how do you quantify the issue or resolution?

Just an idea though. Not my business...not my policy.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My plumas in size 33 fits like a 34 and customer service said there's differences in how individual pair is sewed. But how do you have such a large discrepancy in terms of fit... smh.

Denim is hard, it's well known that denim is the stated size +/- 1/2 inch. That's why two pairs of the same denim can fit drastically differenr

vaeMD

Reaction score
cast 1 graphites becoming one of my favorite pairs of JE denim -- so glad I got them tapered to the updated cut.

peter1234930

Reaction score
Dad's Back.. Silk Coach Shirt worn in 3 different way.
My personall review for the Silk Coach Shirt.. it is a great shirt, the Gold color definitely makes a statement. I got the Medium and Small.. the Medium is way too big and this is Small, which is just right all around but snugged in the shoulders. In my opinion, I'm a bit underwhelmed about this Jacket.. the material is very delicate for me but knowing myself in one use or so or with my luck, I probably would snag it easily and for $368 it is a bit overpriced. I had high expectation on this shirt knowing I would love it. Aesthetically, it is not me.. I don't go out enough to wear this. This is well suited for a night out IMO.. so nevertheless, both went back to JE today. I think I would probably be more comfortable in the Oro Jacket which is probably the kind of jacket I would defitnitely wear most of.. so here's the fit Pics.. lemme know if you like it.. I'm sure one of you will rock it...

Silk Coach Shirt in Gold, JE Skittles Jeans, Curve Tee in Natural, Jellyfish Shirt, The Cast 2 Shorts in White .. Gray Tee, Black Jeans (both non JE), CP shoes and Stans Black

Whew hermesonly, you've got the 70s disco drug dealer look on lock

Seriously though, all these fits look great
thumbs-up.gif

NikeOG

Reaction score

Copped the rascal in beige - pink translucent pocket tee. I think it may be to big as I want a some what slim fit. I want to be able to wear this with casual pants as well as with jeans.

I'm 6'6. Both tees are a XL. Might exchange for a Large. The rascal is unreal quality is vary durable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads