• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
To build off this, if you want cheap chinos, definitely go with J Crew 484 fit. The W+H are obviously better quality, but if you don't wear them that often or want to stock up with a bunch of pairs the 484 is a great fit for the money.

Def agree with the 484 chinos. I grab them when they're on sale, then take em to the tailor for further tapering. They keep you nice and cool during the summer too!

White Lotus

Reaction score

What's your height and jean size if you don't mind me asking? Have you tried it with a layered Anti-Expo tee underneath?

@Mackp12 @nsubrmnn
Will do thanks guys!
i'm 5'7. My jean size varies with the brand but my waist is about 33 and I haven't layered the hoodie with the tee.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
curve tanks are great.... I'll be copping the purl knit tank for sure after all of the talk in here about the fabric. A shame it isn't coming in the curve u neck.

NickEPockets

Reaction score
curve tanks are great.... I'll be copping the purl knit tank for sure after all of the talk in here about the fabric. A shame it isn't coming in the curve u neck.
It's a shame all the seasonal colors aren't coming in curve u necks. Really disappointed with the fabric on the anti-expo and classic curve tees.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the JE chinos. They are what I'm looking for. I might have to crop them further a bit and fix the waist but it's easy to do that. I need something like them to pair with my princetown loafers.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IIT a lot of people with distorted ideas of what constitutes formal clothing. :lurk: I really hope JE goes full on wide leg or flares just for the tears and rage.

Last edited:

mcnicol21

Reaction score
would the hoodie shrink after wash?
Shouldn't. Wash in a cold, delicate cycle then hang dry. I'd personally size up to a medium for the intended fit. Looks a little too snug in the pic imo. I'd also recommend layering it with an anti-expo tee.

White Lotus

Reaction score

Shouldn't. Wash in a cold, delicate cycle then hang dry. I'd personally size up to a medium for the intended fit. Looks a little too snug in the pic imo. I'd also recommend layering it with an anti-expo tee. 
thanks for the advise. Just want to point out that i got broad shoulders and wide hips so when I wear the hoodie my physique might give off an illusive effect that it looks fitted. I dont work out alot. I'm just skin and bones in fact
1f605.png

hermesonly

Reaction score
Dafuq? Kind of flattered, kind of creeped out. I don't post fashion pics on IG so someone has been lurking here pulling pics.

Same. I don't post pics either. I wouldn't mind if someone uses them but only if I knew who the person running the account is.
Yikes, that kind of shady and flattering at the same time.. It would be appropriate of the user of that IG to msg you and ask for permission. worse case scenario (I'm on IG and I've seen these happened to my friends) that some shady user use other pics claiming it their own clothes, or worse yet, shaming the pics claiming the items is fake... Do you guys think we should "Watermark" our JE pics.. just curious. (cuz I do on some of my post on IG and other Forums) ..

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New kicks look good for tomorrow's drop. IG is saying the Grey pair are leather; to me, they look like Nubuck. @MIKE_JE can you confirm on this?

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, the pink tees are great. I'm just not feeling the pink on the terry.

The grey kicks look good.

@Jbidwal do you have the fur princetown or the non-fur ones? Last winter/spring, I wore them around as if they were nikes and the creasing and fur got so nasty to the point that i just wanted some pesos back so i sold them for dirt cheap. wish i didn't beat them. want them again

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yikes, that kind of shady and flattering at the same time.. It would be appropriate of the user of that IG to msg you and ask for permission. worse case scenario (I'm on IG and I've seen these happened to my friends) that some shady user use other pics claiming it their own clothes, or worse yet, shaming the pics claiming the items is fake...   Do you guys think we should "Watermark" our JE pics.. just curious. (cuz I do on some of my post on IG and other Forums) ..

How do you watermark? Do use a specific app or just edit the pic? Also can you request that someone takes down a pic formally on IG?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads