• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just copped the harlots and skittles and looking to get some boots
I've had Saint Laurent but looking at common projects rn
Does anyone know about sizing and comfort?
I'm a 10.5 usually in shoes and boots

42/43 both work fine for me in the Achilles. I got 2 pairs of the chelseas in 42 and regret not doing the 43 bc they're narrow up front. Comfort wise, pretty damn comfortable, as long as you size appropriately. If you're speaking of boots, I have a pair of the combats in 42 and they fit spot on/comfortable as well

I need to try JE denim again, I tried 2 pairs and thought they looked Teerible on me. Looks like I'll be taking another shot at them sometime soon

Last edited:

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nsubrmnn yeah I really wish that Bomber released from s8. Those bombers/jackets from the runways always seem to get dropped. Hoping to see more JE jacket releases

Daddywolfharry

Reaction score

U.K. Department stores ship to the US, and when the vat is removed it is generally significantly cheaper. Like what people did with buying the JE stuff off the U.K. Mr. porter site

Is the vat automatically removed on the mr porter site when shipping to the uk? Or do you have to go through a process to claim it back?

The uk mr porter site seemed
1f480.png
Everything was more than if you bought and shipped from us..

I wore my raglan raw edge hoody today, if you don't own one, buy one.
the best pullover I've ever worn, I noticed when removing, the tag on it said mainline? So the raw edge hoody is here to stay and will be released every season? If so great news
1f64f-1f3fb.png

Last edited:

ChronBong

Reaction score
Kake Mock Loopwheel is way better than the raw edge hoodie. I prefer raw edge crewnecks if I were to pick a raw edge.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the vat automatically removed on the mr porter site when shipping to the uk? Or do you have to go through a process to claim it back?

The uk mr porter site seemed
1f480.png
Everything was more than if you bought and shipped from us..

I wore my raglan raw edge hoody today, if you don't own one, buy one.
the best pullover I've ever worn, I noticed when removing, the tag on it said mainline? So the raw edge hoody is here to stay and will be released every season? If so great news
1f64f-1f3fb.png

Auto deducts

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you guys prefer the look of the black loopwheel raglan or the grey loopwheel raglan?
I personally like how the black one looks. I haven't seen it in person, but based off the picture posted on this thread, the grey one doesn't have an expensive look to it. And having the white around the zipper reminds me of alternative apparel zip-ups I used to wear in high school.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you guys prefer the look of the black loopwheel raglan or the grey loopwheel raglan?

I think they are both classic pieces and classic colors and if the construction is what people are saying it is, they both will last you a lifetime. The question is what you're lacking in your closet and what meshes with the colors you have.
I personally think the grey is a more unique color and will work well with more. Black goes in and out of fashion so you may get more use out of the grey.

But what do I know, I'm one of the many SF members that "lacks creativity" and has a "boring AF wardrobe". Maybe ask the JE guys on Niketalk.

jl710

Reaction score
Does anyone have both the loopwheel & flash dual fullzip that can compare the quality? I wouldn't mind spending extra 100 but It doesn't have dual zippers, srsly why doesn't it, & not sure how I feel about those drawstrings.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have both the loopwheel & flash dual fullzip that can compare the quality? I wouldn't mind spending extra 100 but It doesn't have dual zippers, srsly why doesn't it, & not sure how I feel about those drawstrings.

The drawstrings are a significant upgrade.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit is more relaxed but just slightly. We're talking a matter of 1-2 centimeters in key areas. The terry cloth itself is significantly better; It's airy, soft, and has a springiness to the fabric. Well worth the mark up IMO

Last edited:

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I personally like how the black one looks.  I haven't seen it in person, but based off the picture posted on this thread, the grey one doesn't have an expensive look to it.  And having the white around the zipper reminds me of alternative apparel zip-ups I used to wear in high school.

Ya I just returned mine..gonna stick with my villain loopwheel

maomaobear

Reaction score
I'm surprised more people haven't been sharing their opinions on the new loopwheel stuff. I got my black loopwheel Kake in on Friday, and wore it out that same night. I really love how soft the terry is, and the feeling is more substantial as it is thicker than the normal french terry.

Sizing and fit-wise, I went for my regular size (3/L), and I'm very satisfied with the fit. I personally wouldn't size down since the Kake is already cropped in the body, and it probably would've been too short if I did (for reference, I also wear a 3/L in the villain).

For those of you on the fence, I would strongly recommend picking up one of the loopwheel pieces, as I feel like the quality of the fabric justifies the price increase over the normal collection.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtrran