1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

I like the silver zips. And oak would be tight with silver zips. Would be cool if The site gave you the option to customize...picking silver or black zips

2 people like this.
  2. rbroseph

rbroseph Well-Known Member

Are they still using the matte black zips on their newer items?
    I'm sick of them, all of my JE pieces with them are chipped or worn and are now half bronze colored

3. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Well-Known Member

Easy? yes for a professional. Worth it? probably not.

4. Mackp12

Mackp12 Well-Known Member

I have a hook up through my parents work so it would be free. Thanks mang!

5. Yoshi

Yoshi Well-Known Member

6. 42LONG

42LONG Well-Known Member

7. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Well-Known Member

JE releasing too many hoodies, instead they should ramp up on stuff that are out of stock like flannel and nero.

1 person likes this.
  8. jstrath406

jstrath406 Well-Known Member

Any photos of the Oak hoodies out in the daylight yet? Trying to decide between that and Alpine but don't always trust the studio lighting and editing, every website looks different

9. relaxandrawr

relaxandrawr Member

How has there been no word on the GQ Gap BNMDA collection, and no preview?

10. Secondprize

Secondprize Well-Known Member

agreed

11. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Plumas

4 people like this.
  12. Secondprize

hows the stretch? similar to springs?

13. Hype1234

Hype1234 Well-Known Member

Buttons can make or break a shirt sometimes, and you only realize it when you run into bad ones.

14. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

Kinda agree on JE releasing too many sweatshirts...but you can never have enough sweatshirts/sweatpants. It's a little difficult to narrow down which ones to purchase since there are so many damn options, but at least there's something for everyone's taste/style. Pretty sure JE will slam us with heat when FW season actually starts, and the FW lookbook styles can actually be worn..damn heat waves everywhere.

2 people like this.
  15. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

Unlikely we will see a Nero restock considering it was part of the 7.5 release, but from the looks of the season 8 show we will see some new black denim eventually and either a dark blue or obsidian

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, the flannel just released on JE so sure it'll be up on Barneys or saks in no time

16. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

Hard to say just yet, but my Plumas fit a lot slimmer than my Springs in the same size to begin with. I've worn the Plumas five times or so and haven't noticed any bad stretching. They are keeping their shape so far, and the fit on them is pretty perfect for me.

Based off of everything I've read here and my own experience, I feel like this is the deal with JE denim: If you have thick legs or really athletic thighs, you're not going to fit in to the size you need for your waist and you will end up unhappy with how they end up fitting after the waist gives. If you can start with the size that's really snug everywhere, you will be pretty happy after a few wears.
    Development team is also probably still finding their sweet spot with the denim. My Cast Carbons would not break in at all, they are still difficult to move in. Then my Springs were maybe a little too sloppy with the stretch. The Plumas are the best fit yet and so far the best with regards to the stretch as well.

Side-note: I don't typically burn through jeans. I have a pretty big rotation, so if I was wearing these every single day or four to five times a week, I might have a different story. Anyway, hope that's helpful.

17. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Well-Known Member

Mine stretched out a decent amount. Probably gonna have to get them tapered.

18. Secondprize

The reason I ask about the stretch is because they look exactly like the spring denim but with a different wash. I have springs and while they broke in nicely, they dont offer much actual stretch (when crouching for example) The scarabs on the other hand have plenty of stretch and offer lots of ROM.

I appreciate the updated dimensions on the plumas and newer denim, since I needed to taper both the springs and scarabs.

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

I agree. I have fairly skinny legs and the 28 work decent for me. The waist is loose on them again but the rest fit fine. I do notice they stretch a bit more than slp denim but I'm happy with my skittles and cropped white. They made the cut slimmer starting with the cropped and I think that cut works well with the stretching.

20. jthom931

jthom931 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Excuse the obscene gesture from my brother. He was trying on a hoodie at Zara that looks identical to a hoodie we often see on this forum....