• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, there is a large A.Testoni, several Zegna stores (one large one, and 2 small outlets in department stores), and a massive Ferragamo building here in Ginza.
I haven't had a chance to walk into a Zegna store in Tokyo (there are 11 I think), but I assume they sell shoes in one of the larger ones (like the 'Global' store in Shinjuku).
I might go back to Ginza to see whats up.

No Vass in Ginza. Only in Isetan, Shinjuku.

well in any case, you can pretty much buy anything in Japan. You won't get the same range of offering in NYC/London or Paris

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score

I went back 5 pages and couldn't find the Bespoke Pron Thread....so I thought I'll add this pair of bespoke boots made in the 1920's somewhere in the City.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shoe Shopping in Isetan, Tokyo

Isetan in an upscale department store located in Shinjuku, Tokyo. A.k.a. the 'Fashion Museum', the Art Deco structure dating from the early 1930's is quite impressive, and just about every luxury brand is represented here. Isetan Mens, a satellite wing devoted to men's fashion, also happens to have a massive selection of high-end shoes.

The current Isetan was built in 1933, in a Neo-Gothic / Art Deco style

External details. Quite pretty

The men's shoes floor. Domestic Shoes on the left side, and nicer shoes on the right. A repair/polishing shop is located on the far left. There are about 20 sales associates here

Entry Price Shoes
Isetan Men's (house brand)
Jalan Sriwijaya
Madras
Regal
Otsuka Since 1872
Scotch Grain
Shetland Fox
Union Imperial
+whole bunch of other minor brands I never heard of

The area on the right is the Upper range RTW shoes / Italian shoes section
Upper Range Section
Alden
Alfred Sargent
Brooks Brothers
Cheaney
Church's
Corno Blu
Crockett & Jones
Grenson
Meermin
Otsuka Shoten
Paraboots
Perfetto
Sanyo Yamacho
Trickers

Italian Section
A. Testoni
Bally
Betanin Venturi
Campanile
Frateli Rossetti
Magnanni
Mercariello by Napolitano
Santoni
Salvatore Ferragamo
Tod's

The Prestige / High End Area is semi enclosed, so small timers like me won't walk in by mistake.

Anthony Cleverley
Corthay
Edward Green
JM Weston
John Lobb
Napolitano Rachele
Otsuka Limited
Santoni Limited
Silvano Lattanzi
Stephano Bemer
Vass
Zintala
Yohei Fukuda (MTO & Bespoke)

There are about 8 or so of Yohei Fukuda's sample shoes displayed at all times. You'll see my fingerprints on each and every one of them :lol:

So there you go. If you're lucky, you may bump into an order fair /bespoke show of some sort, or even better, visit during the semi-annual sale when most brands go 30% off or more.

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much; great great great; surprised to see Vass in prestige when they are so cheap direct.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks so much; great great great; surprised to see Vass in prestige when they are so cheap direct.

You are not accounting for import duty, tax on imported shoes here is astronomical. 30 ~ 60% I believe. I've seen various used Vass shoes going for more than European retail.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isetan in an upscale department store located in Shinjuku, Tokyo. A.k.a. the 'Fashion Museum', the Art Deco structure dating from the early 1930's is quite impressive, and just about every luxury brand is represented here. Isetan Mens, a satellite wing devoted to men's fashion, also happens to have a massive selection of high-end shoes.

[
IMG ALT=""]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/810096/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

The men's shoes floor. Domestic Shoes on the left side, and nicer shoes on the right. A repair/polishing shop is located on the far left. There are about 20 sales associates here

Entry Price Shoes
Jalan Sriwijaya
Madras
Regal
Otsuka Since 1872
Scotch Grain
Shetland Fox
Union Imperial

Upper Range Section
Alden
Alfred Sargent
Brooks Brothers
Cheaney
Church's
Corno Blu
Crockett & Jones
Grenson
Meermin
Otsuka Shoten
Paraboots
Perfetto
Sanyo Yamacho
Trickers

Italian Section
A. Testoni
Bally
Betanin Venturi
Campanile
Frateli Rossetti
Magnanni
Santoni
Salvatore Ferragamo
Tod's

The Prestige Area is semi enclosed, so small timers like me won't walk in by mistake.

Anthony Cleverley
Corthay
Edward Green
JM Weston
John Lobb
Napolitano Rachele
Otsuka Limited
Santoni Limited
Silvano Lattanzi
Stephano Bemer
Vass
Yohei Fukuda (Bespoke)

There are about 8 or so of Yohei Fukuda's sample shoes displayed at all times. You'll see my fingerprints on each and every one of them :lol:

So there you go. If you're lucky, you may bump into an order fair /bespoke show of some sort, or even better, visit during the semi-annual sale when most brands go 30% off or more.

Probably been in that store 20 times and I never once noticed the facade.

Thanks for the posts nt.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You are not accounting for import duty, tax on imported shoes here is astronomical. 30 ~ 60% I believe. I've seen various used Vass shoes going for more than European retail.

If I recall correctly, import duty for shoes is 30%. Vass goes for ¥89,000 in Isetan. So yeah, they belong in the 'high end' area :lol:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score

Entry Price Shoes
Jalan Sriwijaya
Madras
Regal
Otsuka Since 1872
Scotch Grain
Shetland Fox
Union Imperial

Upper Range Section
Alden
Alfred Sargent
Brooks Brothers
Cheaney
Church's
Corno Blu
Crockett & Jones
Grenson
Meermin
Otsuka Shoten
Paraboots
Perfetto
Sanyo Yamacho
Trickers

Italian Section
A. Testoni
Bally
Betanin Venturi
Campanile
Frateli Rossetti
Magnanni
Santoni
Salvatore Ferragamo
Tod's

The High End Area is semi enclosed, so small timers like me won't walk in by mistake.

Anthony Cleverley
Corthay
Edward Green
JM Weston
John Lobb
Napolitano Rachele
Otsuka Limited
Santoni Limited
Silvano Lattanzi
Stephano Bemer
Vass
Yohei Fukuda (Bespoke)

There are about 8 or so of Yohei Fukuda's sample shoes displayed at all times. You'll see my fingerprints on each and every one of them
lol8[1].gif

Thank you for this NC - Isetan makes the combined Harrods and Selfridges men shoes department look small....We must meet up when I do
visit next.

I am very priviledged to know my favourite shoes are classed as prestige, especially when I can source them at a fraction of Isetan prices.

Anthony Cleverley
Corthay
Edward Green
JM Weston
John Lobb

Napolitano Rachele
Otsuka Limited
Santoni Limited
Silvano Lattanzi
Stephano Bemer
Vass

Yohei Fukuda (Bespoke)

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks TB! I've never seen an English guide to shoe shopping in Tokyo, so I thought why not. Hope it'll be useful when you visit!! :)

Probably been in that store 20 times and I never once noticed the facade.

Thanks for the posts nt.

Yeah, the building doesn't look all that distinctive until you stop and look at the details......fyi Mitsukoshi at Nihonbashi is quite nice too (built in 1914)

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you for this NC - Isetan makes the combined Harrods and Selfridges men shoes department look small....We must meet up when I do
visit next.

I am very priviledged to know my favourite shoes are classed as prestige, especially when I can source them at a fraction of Isetan prices.

Anthony Cleverley

Corthay

Edward Green

JM Weston

John Lobb

Napolitano Rachele

Otsuka Limited
Santoni Limited

Silvano Lattanzi
Stephano Bemer

Vass

Yohei Fukuda (Bespoke)

Thanks!! AC and Lobb Prestige shoes both go for ¥210,000 +.....(1340 GBP or so, 5%VAT included) :uhoh:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
U got bemer's lobb; please post (post in shoe Appreciation as would be offtopic)!

Bunny - it's a copy & bold error on my side...I don't have a Bemer. If I ask Justin (Shoe Snob) nicely I am sure he can source me a pair.

Thanks!! AC and Lobb Prestige shoes both go for ¥210,000 +.....(1340 GBP or so, 5%VAT included)
uhoh.gif

I thought Lobbs Prestige JLP be at least double in Japan.... £1340 isn't far off from European prices....

JLP Lobbs in Geneva about 1800 to 2000 CHF = £1500......when I walk past the Geneva shop every lunch time, there a nice smirk
on my face - knowing I can get these in the UK for Vass kinda money....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member