• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Prometheus195

Reaction score
Kevin Bacon wearing the Leonard in Teak.

View attachment 2220225

As I see, rather big and unflattering, at least on him. It could be because of the continuous curved upper line, like in the Bandit, which is for me one of the worst frames released by JMM.
Yeah those are too big for him. I am undeterred however, and have the honey Leonard on order. The exposed wirecores have a new design that I wager will help prevent oxidation issues, which is good to see.

obecity

Reaction score
Yeah those are too big for him. I am undeterred however, and have the honey Leonard on order. The exposed wirecores have a new design that I wager will help prevent oxidation issues, which is good to see.
I wouldn’t let that photograph of KB (Kevin Bacon) alter your sense of the Leonard’s size. Those Hollywierd folx are all abnormally small and thin. They make any frame look obscenely large.

What has changed about the wirecore that you you think will make it more resistant to oxidation?

Prometheus195

Reaction score
I wouldn’t let that photograph of KB (Kevin Bacon) alter your sense of the Leonard’s size. Those Hollywierd folx are all abnormally small and thin. They make any frame look obscenely large.

What has changed about the wirecore that you you think will make it more resistant to oxidation?
The Leonard has a new "Vauxhall" style wirecore, which tapers off and terminates before reaching the inside edge of the arm where it meets the faceplate. Therefore the wirecore is fully encased in acetate, like the Sandro. The only vulnerability to air exposure would be the rivets. The Leonard also doesn't have the oval-shaped decoration on the inside.

Prometheus195

Reaction score
Hemmings is not listed either. Does that also mean new colors of Hemmings will be introduced?
I expect there will be more Hemmings, likely next spring/summer. They went on hiatus for a few years and received a redesign, and had their re-release last summer in Agar, Bloodstone, Rover, and Teak. The Bloodstone was delayed for a long time, I believe due to issues with the exposed wirecore. When they finally dropped, I sent it back because the wirecore still did not meet my expectations, and I already had the Rover. It still sold out quickly. They dropped again this year and sold fairly quickly, so I would expect more to come at some point.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Leonard also doesn't have the oval-shaped decoration on the inside.
That oval thing is the single most pointless component of the entire series IMO. As much as I love the glasses, I really could not care less about it. It’s been discussed before on here, often by those who can’t abide the pin hole caused by the badge on the outer temple arm. It’s funny how in just about all the descriptive narratives on all frames they blather on about the cameo badge like it’s some sort of huge draw when in reality I’d bet that most people wouldn’t even miss it if it was never used again.

Prometheus195

Reaction score
That oval thing is the single most pointless component of the entire series IMO. As much as I love the glasses, I really could not care less about it. It’s been discussed before on here, often by those who can’t abide the pin hole caused by the badge on the outer temple arm. It’s funny how in just about all the descriptive narratives on all frames they blather on about the cameo badge like it’s some sort of huge draw when in reality I’d bet that most people wouldn’t even miss it if it was never used again.
I do recall that discussion. I mentioned it because I have an older frame with the visible pinhole on a gold wirecore. I wore it on a hot June afternoon in Florida, and when I stepped back into the air conditioning and took the frame off, I noticed visible condensation and a strange blue and magenta iridescence on the area of the wirecore surrounding the pinhole. I believe that effect, when permanent, is called "toning" and commonly affects silver coins as a form of tarnish. The condensation and iridescence faded within a minute, but now my exposed wirecore glasses stay on the shelf for most of the year here in Florida.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that it's open, I visited the Costa Mesa boutique today.
When entering, you must enter to the left ( sinistra ) they will not allow you to go right.
Then you are invited to sit on a couch until an associate gets assigned to you.
They put a glove on, right hand only ( destra ) to shake your hand.
Then you can be taken around to explore.
One thing that has me interested which I did not know.
They work with an optical company in Wisconsin for Rx Lenses. Can't do it online, only through a boutique.
I'd be interested with my next pair if I could get a true color Rx rather than 3rd party, which is pretty much whatever color you pick, it'll look grey.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Anyone try on the new Stewart frame? Looks a little like a smaller Jax. Maybe something for those of us on the conservative side.

I wore my Plazas most of yesterday, first time in a while. Man, it felt like I was wearing a heavy boot on my face at the end of the day. As much as I like the look, it’s hard to wear them for a significant amount of time, despite multiple adjustments. Thinking of letting them go.

Still waiting for a Leclair Black Fade, Argyle, or maybe Hickory. Wouldn’t that be sweet…

obecity

Reaction score
I like the oval badge. It’s just a little extra bling bling and not something seen on other frames.

obecity

Reaction score
Now that it's open, I visited the Costa Mesa boutique today.
When entering, you must enter to the left ( sinistra ) they will not allow you to go right.
Then you are invited to sit on a couch until an associate gets assigned to you.
They put a glove on, right hand only ( destra ) to shake your hand.
Then you can be taken around to explore.
One thing that has me interested which I did not know.
They work with an optical company in Wisconsin for Rx Lenses. Can't do it online, only through a boutique.
I'd be interested with my next pair if I could get a true color Rx rather than 3rd party, which is pretty much whatever color you pick, it'll look grey.
So true. All those fantastic tints and colors always end up looking grey with aftermarket lenses. It really pisses me right the edge. IT’S NOT OK!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to this fellers earlobe? Could be an AI (artificial intelligence) image which frequently messes up these sorts of details.

Not AI, Billy used to have very large guages in his ears, and unfortunately his lobe ruptured. Happens quite frequently with folks who push the boundaries of stretching their ears.

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lupin 3

Votes: 6 18.8%