• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
Wow, just wowsers ... troll or not, 400 pages or otherwise, one only has so much time to muse about whether you're going to figure things out or not, and before you judge me, I'm no ageist, but a good person if I may say so ;)
I have no doubt that you’re a good person. I have no reason to think otherwise. I enjoy reading your zany posts mate. We’re all in this crazy thing called life together!

obecity

Reaction score
I’ve decided to take today off from my socials. I’ll be back tomorrow. DM (direct message) me if something important comes up. Have a super day my friends.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
While reading the 1000+ pages here, I've seen quite a few discussions around eyewear storage ideas as well as mentions of the awesome briefcase that JMM carries. After some sleuthing I was able to find the manufacturer that makes those briefcases and opened an account with the factory (big shoutout to Google Translate!).

Anyways, I ended up placing an order and they just arrived and look great! The pebble grain leather that I chose is veg-tanned and sourced from a tannery in Italy. The frame of the case is made with wood and the interior is lined with velvet flocking. I went with a classic red-brown color and a nice forest green option as well.

I have a few pieces in stock that I can ship now for anyone that is interested, and can also place orders for the 10-frame size and potentially for other colors too if there's interest. I have priced these as low as possible and am confident that this is the best price you will see for these products. Let me know if you have any questions!

DSCF8295.jpg

DSCF8256.jpg
DSCF8245.jpg

DSCF8316.jpg

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
While reading the 1000+ pages here, I've seen quite a few discussions around eyewear storage ideas as well as mentions of the awesome briefcase that JMM carries. After some sleuthing I was able to find the manufacturer that makes those briefcases and opened an account with the factory (big shoutout to Google Translate!).

Anyways, I ended up placing an order and they just arrived and look great! The pebble grain leather that I chose is veg-tanned and sourced from a tannery in Italy. The frame of the case is made with wood and the interior is lined with velvet flocking. I went with a classic red-brown color and a nice forest green option as well.

I have a few pieces in stock that I can ship now for anyone that is interested, and can also place orders for the 10-frame size and potentially for other colors too if there's interest. I have priced these as low as possible and am confident that this is the best price you will see for these products. Let me know if you have any questions!

View attachment 2065923
View attachment 2065925 View attachment 2065921
View attachment 2065927
It's taken me 28 years of working as a graphic designer and three years of purchasing JMM to truly become fascinated with burgundy and green. These two colors are inherantly beautiful when combined.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2065923
View attachment 2065925 View attachment 2065921
View attachment 2065927
Not sure if it’s the same vendor but I got mine from France. They were about half the price of the JMM ones and you can have them custom made to your choice but they already had in stock my choice so delivery was quite quick off the shelf. Mine is bright cobalt blue with a grey interior and chrome hardware. Quality is great. Love it! Just trying to keep my purchases low so I don’t have to buy another is the current challenge. Yours look great too. If I DID have to get another I’m not sure if I’d get a matching pair or choose a different colour combo.

obecity

Reaction score
Not sure if it’s the same vendor but I got mine from France. They were about half the price of the JMM ones and you can have them custom made to your choice but they already had in stock my choice so delivery was quite quick off the shelf. Mine is bright cobalt blue with a grey interior and chrome hardware. Quality is great. Love it! Just trying to keep my purchases low so I don’t have to buy another is the current challenge. Yours look great too. If I DID have to get another I’m not sure if I’d get a matching pair or choose a different colour combo.
Where did you get yours? I keep my eyewear in some el cheapo Chinese garbage twelve capacity cases from Amazon. (Probably emits a bunch of toxic vapors based on how it smells.) I’m considering upgrading to high quality cases.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you get yours? I keep my eyewear in some el cheapo Chinese garbage twelve capacity cases from Amazon. (Probably emits a bunch of toxic vapors based on how it smells.) I’m considering upgrading to high quality cases.
The recommendation came from someone on this thread so you could try doing a search. I’m almost certain I posted pics of mine on here when I got it. Must have been the end of 2022. Vendor was Guichard

obecity

Reaction score
When's the next page celebration? 1250? 1500? 2000??
Whenever I decide the next celebration is, you’re not invited. That’s for sure, buddy boy. Absolutely horrid!

Edit: I’ll also add this. At this point, I’m not even sure I’ll plan a next milestone celebration after the last one was basically ignored despite all my time and effort I put into it. I was left feeling unappreciated and marginalized. Couple with Jack’s price increases and the lack of activity, frankly, I don’t see another one happening unless there are huge changes. NOT OK!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads