• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
My latest purchase, the Devaux in Whiskey.

View attachment 2068033

Beautiful colourway, a sort of more brown Rootbeer, and lovely combination with the lenses.

I definitely love this frame, rather on the small side but certainly as assertive as the bigger ones. I already have the Dark Havana and would like to add the Vintage Tort (of course) Loewy.
The best “brown” colors that Jack makes are as follows INPO (in no particular order): argyle, rootbeer, whiskey, hickory. You pair those there colors with a blue lens and you get a combination that cannot be beaten, not even with a stick. Others may have different opinions, and that’s ok, but I’m pretty sure most would agree with me. So to you, I say congrats (congratulations) on the new acquisition. I wish you great joy in wearing them.

obecity

Reaction score
A statement by the JMM Collectors group administrator in Facebook.

View attachment 2068015
That guy seems over the top to me. Seems unreal, fake even. Artificial. Too kumbaya with all the platitudes of community and JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) fannery. Too eager to fall in line with the will of Facebook and Jack. Everything is rainbows and gumdrops with that feller. He tries too hard to put on a persona that he thinks is cool or rad. Well, I’ll say this right here, right now: I’M NOT BUYIN IT. No way, no how. It’s just how I feel.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That guy seems over the top to me. Seems unreal, fake even. Artificial. Too kumbaya with all the platitudes of community and JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) fannery. Too eager to fall in line with the will of Facebook and Jack. Everything is rainbows and gumdrops with that feller. He tries too hard to put on a persona that he thinks is cool or rad. Well, I’ll say this right here, right now: I’M NOT BUYIN IT. No way, no how. It’s just how I feel.

Yes, everything is wonderful and amazing there, in an uncritical enthusiasm. Every frame is celebrated and every fit is great and highly praised. Even the slightest critique is frowned upon. Rather fake and disagreeable.

On the other hand, a lot of fit pictures and information, a source of inspiration and a useful guide for your own decisions and purchases.

Last edited:

obecity

Reaction score
This is the wrong choice bud. Don't feed...
And now I’m done. It’s quite obvious that I’m seen as a clown and an outsider here. Not everyone follows the same narrow path of social interaction, word choice, or phraseology. Maybe you all should check yourselves. I’m out. I’m done. I quit this place. Flip this whole mess. We will see how this bulletin board does without me holding it together with my enthusiasm and checks and balances. Good day and good luck one and all. Signing out…

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now I’m done. It’s quite obvious that I’m seen as a clown and an outsider here. Not everyone follows the same narrow path of social interaction, word choice, or phraseology. Maybe you all should check yourselves. I’m out. I’m done. I quit this place. Flip this whole mess. We will see how this bulletin board does without me holding it together with my enthusiasm and checks and balances. Good day and good luck one and all. Signing out…

I regret your decision, I appreciate your genuine enthusiasm. Sadly, web forums are often used by haters for personal attacks. These people find pleasure in arguing and trying to belittle and fool their opponents. The best strategy is always ignoring them.

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a breath my guy, you take yourself so seriously. You don’t need to agree with everything a company does to appreciate their products, and I’m guessing when you wear JMM out in the wild, no one thinks their marketing decisions define you as a person. They’re just nice glasses at the end of the day.

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, everything is wonderful and amazing there, in an uncritical enthusiasm. Every frame is celebrated and every fit is great and highly praised. Even the slightest critique is frowned upon. Rather fake and disagreeable.

On the other hand, a lot of fit pictures and information, a source of inspiration and a useful guide for your own decisions and purchases.
So how is this different than most of Styleforum

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Anyone else pick up a Moscova or Shibusawa, and mind sharing a few pics? I purchased a Shibusawa Noir in May, picked it up last week but haven’t had it out of the box yet. Not sure if I’m going to keep it or move it.

I tried on both in May and posted pictures. I’ve been leaning more towards lighter frames recently. My Akonis are so comfortable compared to my JMM Plazas.

Yokimoto

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of the Fellini in Taupe?

I’m deciding between the Fellini or Molino on taupe for opticals but can’t find them in person, so it’ll be a blind buy on color.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from JMM with the new Dealan in vesper - red fading to blue. I wear a lot of red (white and ) blue gear so I’m all over this one.
The title picture taken with them folded flat the colours look a bit dull but the supplemental pics held up allowing light to shine through look very tasty! Gonna be an expensive month but it’s my birthday so I’m writing off the budget!

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Just got an email from JMM with the new Dealan in vesper - red fading to blue. I wear a lot of red (white and ) blue gear so I’m all over this one.
The title picture taken with them folded flat the colours look a bit dull but the supplemental pics held up allowing light to shine through look very tasty! Gonna be an expensive month but it’s my birthday so I’m writing off the budget!
Yeah the vesper looks pretty awesome. And relatively few models being released. I’m going to go in on the yves I think

JessBob

Reaction score
Anyone else pick up a Moscova or Shibusawa, and mind sharing a few pics? I purchased a Shibusawa Noir in May, picked it up last week but haven’t had it out of the box yet. Not sure if I’m going to keep it or move it.

I tried on both in May and posted pictures. I’ve been leaning more towards lighter frames recently. My Akonis are so comfortable compared to my JMM Plazas.

FYI, someone just posted a pic on the FB Collectors page wearing Shibusawa Agar

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member