• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Anyone interested in the Standiford, hit me up. I have both, the Havana 5 and the black version and decided to keep the black one. Great frame if you like the more "out there" type of JMM sunglasses. Comes with all accessories picture. $475 shipped within US.
PM sent.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I love my Beauregards so much I found a pair of Ahlem…Tokyo (my first pair of Ahlems) to compare
396496E2-B061-4396-A51C-A15B5FC13FFB.jpeg

dsk321

Reaction score
1DD5C992-C673-4225-B142-0E79248FED27.jpeg
figured a big-head collection shot was in order, as there’s nothing in their current stock/new designs I’m interested in, also the price rise was a bit of a bummer. Center and right side jmm, and the newer non jmm additions on the left (I’ve branched out a bit but focus on independent brands)

Right to left, top to bottom:
1) Yves tempest: love this shape, love the orange tint, my favorite overall jmm.
2) Dealan 53 noir: almost the plainest pick, the closest thing I have to a classic black on black. I think the standard Dealan has a more graceful shape and infinitely more fun colorways. There are subtle sculptural differences between the two sizes, but they’re too small and don’t fit me well. Might change the lenses to a gradient someday.
3) Hemmings hickory: I love this shape, it’s crazy heavy and huge and works for me, took a tremendous amount of custom heat gun molding because the base contouring was incredibly flat and ill-fitting. Blue lenses are a soft meh for me, also might change the lenses.
4) Yves London: same in principle as the tempest
5) Torino Havana 5: close runner up to yves, also love the shape and fit dearly. Bronze tint is really great too.
6) Kuboraum q3 black on black: really awesome frames, their designs are way out there, unlike the more bland German spring steel brands. The Q3 has a crazy Stone-Age axe handle temple connection that looks brutish but still elegant.
7) Akoni stargazer palladium and green gradient: Titanium sibling to the Yves. Has goofy side shields, industrial accents, love them all around. Their quality is right on par with jmms. This brand should have a cult following of its own eventually.
8) matsuda m3072 palladium and gray gradient: ornate medium/large aviators. They work for me because the bridge is ridiculously wide. Incredible etching details and super lightweight. The tint has a subtle purple hue.

Frames that I have bid adieu to are a couple Jax (noir and Havana 3) and Taos (eclipse). Non jmm I’ve tried and abandoned include just human and Lapima.

I lost interest in the Jax design (Kuboraum hit more marks) and Taos never fit well (deceptively small fitting despite the large on-paper dimensions, like the Enzo). The Taos is still an absolute knockout design.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t checked this thread in a while so apologies if this has been discussed already, but what’s your opinion on the Fonda, Donovan, Apollo and Marbot? I was able to try them over the last couple of months and found all interesting. Not necessarily looking for input on the fit on me, but more in general about the styles.

Fonda in Silver
6B50DE88-ABB7-406B-8452-B7C5598514AD.jpeg

Marbot in Steel (dig the yellow lenses but perhaps Silver would suit me better)
C739FBEF-9CF2-4E85-83CF-18C1A90B7CCD.jpeg

Apollo in Black (would love to try them in Chocolate)
411CA56F-81B4-4DE1-A11A-2CEEA0E29682.jpeg

Donovan in Noir
E97117B1-B99D-4969-8F69-C2C73C4A3F95.jpeg

lsterling

Reaction score
Haven’t checked this thread in a while so apologies if this has been discussed already, but what’s your opinion on the Fonda, Donovan, Apollo and Marbot? I was able to try them over the last couple of months and found all interesting. Not necessarily looking for input on the fit on me, but more in general about the styles.

Fonda in Silver
View attachment 1801125

View attachment 1801130

View attachment 1801128

Donovan in Noir
View attachment 1801126
Not personally a fan of any, as I gravitate to more conservative styles, even when on the bolder side. For other people, I think the Fonda and Marbot could be really cool.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fonda in Silver
View attachment 1801125

View attachment 1801130

View attachment 1801128

Donovan in Noir
View attachment 1801126
I tried the Marbot and Apollo.

I like the shape of the Marbot as an aviator, but found it undersized and I typically cannot wear the large JMM frames. An undersized aviator is not a great look for me.

The Apollo was OK, not really my thing. I gravitate towards other designs, but ymmv of course.

Have not tried the Fonda, but it seems a little generic based on photos I have seen.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fonda in Silver
View attachment 1801125

View attachment 1801130

View attachment 1801128

Donovan in Noir
View attachment 1801126
Donovan wins for me

fmvazquez

Reaction score

Fonda in Silver
View attachment 1801125

View attachment 1801130

View attachment 1801128

Donovan in Noir
View attachment 1801126
Thats Zürich! I would go for the Apollo!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Man I got all excited thinking JMM finally did an Argyle Ascari :(

…just an Agar

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads