• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
New Ichikawa's starting to land... Retailers still haven't received the Balzac from the last collection
286898547_405681797976273_5236051065258902537_n.jpeg

niguevara

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, I hope you're all well!
First time poster, some time lurker - I'd like to share my JMM "story" (sorry for length).

I'm sure I'm not the first, nor the last to hear about JMM through Alessandro Squarzi.
His Dealans have intrigued me, and so I started searching about JMM some more.
When I saw the prices at first I quite simply balked (mind you, my most expensive glasses are in sub 150€ range).

But then a little worm didn't allow me to rest and slowly I got accustomed to such prices (it's still very expensive - to me, at least). But, surely you'd be crazy to spend that much money on something so specific such as sunglasses without trying them on, right? (just a disclaimer; even though I live in the capital of Croatia - no one holds JMM here).
Wrong!

I started determining my face shape, my face/head size, my preferences, comparing size-wise to sunglasses that I own etc., all in attempt to narrow JMM offerings to couple of models; those were Molino, Dealan, Kaine, Sturges, Fellini and Enzo.
After further narrowing it came down to Fellini and Enzo with Enzo being the frontrunner (for some reason).
And then the search for EU webstores began.
I found one onlineshop in Italy, they were offering free DHL Express shipping, and I could return them in 14 days if I wasn't satisfied. So, I said - heck, I'll give them a try, and the most I can lose is 15€ on shipping it back to them.

The above mentioned shop held couple of Enzos with Shadow 2 being my favorite (I'm a sucker for blue lenses, especially on black frame), it was in stock so I made the LEAP and purchased them.
Very soon the online clerk reached out and said Enzos were in high demand and that those ones are gone.
She immediately offered me two choices; I could get Eclipse (didn't like red-ish lenses) or Shadow 2 RX with blue Dival CR39 lenses (free of charge).
She sent me pictures of the lenses, they seemed alright and so I decided on RX + lenses.
The opticians mounted them on in an hour or two, and they were ready to be shipped the next day.
I received them basically the next day at my workplace.
Didn't have any patience whatsoever, I ran straight to the bathroom to see them and try them on.

WOW!

Luckily (?!?!) I have a bigger head than I thought so the fit was great! They could be a couple of millimiters narrower, but that's just nitpicking. They are big, but given the excellent proportions it just suits them (for sunglasses that's completely fine by me)!
I won't even talk about quality/feel/heft - you guys know it's insane.
The lenses are beautiful transparent blue (azzure, I would say), and I love them!
The only gripe is that they don't have AR coating on the inside so I either have to get used to them (glints) or spend another 60€ on those same AR coated lenses.
What do you guys think - is it worth the extra 60€?

Also, they are snug on my temples, which I like for now (especially since I was afraid they would be falling off my face).

I love the black and gold temples on Shadow 2 (slightly darker gold)! Since the temples are quite wide, the gold breaks the black nicely. Gold on havana/tortoise might be an overkill, but on black it's perfect for me.

Anyway, that's my story (or rather, a beginning of it).

Now, as a newbie I do have one question: when they advertise the hardware etc. as gold (or silver) is it just a color representation or we're talking about real gold (i.e 18k gold)? Solid gold, gold plated...?

Oh, one more thing - for something done so well and for all the meticulous and detailed work that's put into everything, I would expect the measurements on the official websie to be correct.
Just now I have measured with a calibrated device the total width of the Enzos and it's 147mm, as opposed to 144mm stated on the official JMM website.

Thanks, have a great weekend!

watchguy1234

Reaction score
JMM just had a Walker in Beige on their site yesterday, it's gone now 😭... It's a nice color and the hints of beige really comes through in the light

Oh wow. I don't see it under the Walker listing even though they show sold-out colors. Was it a one-off listing?

It appears Walker is also coming in black fade 2.

This would be amazing. I almost bought a pair in black yesterday, but I'd prefer a fade to black. Do you have any photos or additional timeline info?

lsterling

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, I hope you're all well!
First time poster, some time lurker - I'd like to share my JMM "story" (sorry for length).

I'm sure I'm not the first, nor the last to hear about JMM through Alessandro Squarzi.
His Dealans have intrigued me, and so I started searching about JMM some more.
When I saw the prices at first I quite simply balked (mind you, my most expensive glasses are in sub 150€ range).

But then a little worm didn't allow me to rest and slowly I got accustomed to such prices (it's still very expensive - to me, at least). But, surely you'd be crazy to spend that much money on something so specific such as sunglasses without trying them on, right? (just a disclaimer; even though I live in the capital of Croatia - no one holds JMM here).
Wrong!

I started determining my face shape, my face/head size, my preferences, comparing size-wise to sunglasses that I own etc., all in attempt to narrow JMM offerings to couple of models; those were Molino, Dealan, Kaine, Sturges, Fellini and Enzo.
After further narrowing it came down to Fellini and Enzo with Enzo being the frontrunner (for some reason).
And then the search for EU webstores began.
I found one onlineshop in Italy, they were offering free DHL Express shipping, and I could return them in 14 days if I wasn't satisfied. So, I said - heck, I'll give them a try, and the most I can lose is 15€ on shipping it back to them.

The above mentioned shop held couple of Enzos with Shadow 2 being my favorite (I'm a sucker for blue lenses, especially on black frame), it was in stock so I made the LEAP and purchased them.
Very soon the online clerk reached out and said Enzos were in high demand and that those ones are gone.
She immediately offered me two choices; I could get Eclipse (didn't like red-ish lenses) or Shadow 2 RX with blue Dival CR39 lenses (free of charge).
She sent me pictures of the lenses, they seemed alright and so I decided on RX + lenses.
The opticians mounted them on in an hour or two, and they were ready to be shipped the next day.
I received them basically the next day at my workplace.
Didn't have any patience whatsoever, I ran straight to the bathroom to see them and try them on.

WOW!

Luckily (?!?!) I have a bigger head than I thought so the fit was great! They could be a couple of millimiters narrower, but that's just nitpicking. They are big, but given the excellent proportions it just suits them (for sunglasses that's completely fine by me)!
I won't even talk about quality/feel/heft - you guys know it's insane.
The lenses are beautiful transparent blue (azzure, I would say), and I love them!
The only gripe is that they don't have AR coating on the inside so I either have to get used to them (glints) or spend another 60€ on those same AR coated lenses.
What do you guys think - is it worth the extra 60€?

Also, they are snug on my temples, which I like for now (especially since I was afraid they would be falling off my face).

I love the black and gold temples on Shadow 2 (slightly darker gold)! Since the temples are quite wide, the gold breaks the black nicely. Gold on havana/tortoise might be an overkill, but on black it's perfect for me.

Anyway, that's my story (or rather, a beginning of it).

Now, as a newbie I do have one question: when they advertise the hardware etc. as gold (or silver) is it just a color representation or we're talking about real gold (i.e 18k gold)? Solid gold, gold plated...?

Oh, one more thing - for something done so well and for all the meticulous and detailed work that's put into everything, I would expect the measurements on the official websie to be correct.
Just now I have measured with a calibrated device the total width of the Enzos and it's 147mm, as opposed to 144mm stated on the official JMM website.

Thanks, have a great weekend!
I'm actually not sure about the gold hardware. I believe the silver hardware is actually sterling silver but I've never asked about the gold.

I'm glad you are enjoying your new glasses and feel that the high price was worth the difference in quality! Welcome to the club!

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends! I just received my Plaza RX which I'm enjoying. Here's also a photo of the Kaine in Agar which I've been wearing a ton.

5KtFje3.jpg

BKZGILB.jpg

Also, I've recently been looking for a more squarish frame with deeper bevels. I landed on the Thierry Lasry Rhude Revision, but I don't love not going with a JMM. Here's what they look on me. I've also been thinking of going with a JMM Walker or Ascari instead. The Ascari works ok on me, but I haven't been able to track down a Walker to try on. What do folks think?

qc6JUbL.jpg

Walker
Y8X732n.jpg

MkjDlzC.png

lsterling

Reaction score
Hi friends! I just received my Plaza RX which I'm enjoying. Here's also a photo of the Kaine in Agar which I've been wearing a ton.

5KtFje3.jpg

BKZGILB.jpg

Also, I've recently been looking for a more squarish frame with deeper bevels. I landed on the Thierry Lasry Rhude Revision, but I don't love not going with a JMM. Here's what they look on me. I've also been thinking of going with a JMM Walker or Ascari instead. The Ascari works ok on me, but I haven't been able to track down a Walker to try on. What do folks think?

qc6JUbL.jpg

Walker
Y8X732n.jpg

MkjDlzC.png
The Plaza is a 10/10. There's an Ascari in Vader on the 'Bay right now that I think would fit the bill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads