• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think they're a bit too narrow for my taste. But I agree with @Thin White Duke that my view is probably colored by the fact that I'm used to semi-big glasses now and the Saints are fairly normal by market standards.
You mean the height not the width right? You used height last time and narrow this time

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You mean the height not the width right? You used height last time and narrow this time

By narrow, I mean that the up and down measurement seems a bit small. But for this specific design, I don't think you can go bigger anyway given the style. I think I just don't care for this specific model on you.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my first opportunity to try JMMs today. Liked the Omaha a lot although the price is a bit steep. Not sure about color. Salesperson preferred Antique for being less ”safe” but I’m not sure. Any opinions?

Ended up buying the Omaha in Antique.
Very satisfied with them so I am looking to buy another pair in acetate to be able to switch things up a bit.

So I tried a bunch of styles today. Both me and the salesperson found the Torino to fit me best. Leaning towards Havana 5 over Shadow but would again appreciate input. Also tried them in Platinum and Hickory but they did not suit me.

Havana 5
91B13FCE-1391-4687-ADDA-BA94A01BC682.jpeg

Shadow
7F791EAC-E8A1-41D9-9B2D-D2D6B3447074.jpeg

Havana 5
1BFBF05D-31FB-409B-B40E-8A79BBD0EEB6.jpeg

1C17C89E-4D94-4F23-B8E0-8BF78B7FA216.jpeg

Shadow
89A15E6A-3CA5-42CE-952F-565CBB0325D8.jpeg

BB816CA6-CA26-4BFF-8557-DD4CB398B80E.jpeg

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Very satisfied with them so I am looking to buy another pair in acetate to be able to switch things up a bit.

So I tried a bunch of styles today. Both me and the salesperson found the Torino to fit me best. Leaning towards Havana 5 over Shadow but would again appreciate input. Also tried them in Platinum and Hickory but they did not suit me.

Havana 5
View attachment 1668694

Shadow
View attachment 1668697

Firstly, you wear the Torinos well. Secondly, my preference on you is the Havana. I do believe that blonds wear black frames well when wearing black attire. I am blond, and I often wear a black frame to pair with a black outfit that calls for that sharp looking frame.

So, my vote is to purchase both frames, since these are not my pennies to count and watch. ??

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I agree with Bry2000 on this, that this is a very good fit on you. On the other hand, I generally agree with Dieworkwear‘s observations. I do believe you are faced in this case with a subjective choice. What I see in the photos of you wearing the Saints is a relaxed, happy and confident expression, and that really sells the frames on you.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Havana 5
View attachment 1668694

Shadow
View attachment 1668697

I would go by what you normally wear and what vibe you want to project. To me, Havana is relatively cheerier, whereas black is more serious.

I think I'm one of the few on this thread that's ambivalent about the exposed hardware. Sometimes I like the detail and sometimes I don't. I've been leaning towards covered/ non-exposed hardware lately because sometimes I feel the exposed hardware is distracting in an outfit. But I suppose this depends on what else you're wearing and the image you want to project.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By narrow, I mean that the up and down measurement seems a bit small. But for this specific design, I don't think you can go bigger anyway given the style. I think I just don't care for this specific model on you.
I agree with you. I have the same Saint model in reserve and for a mid/big face like mine, the frame is too narrow up/down. I love the sunnies but do not wear much.
Same happens with my Loewys, although I really love the shape of the frames they are too small for my face. Taos are my most wear frames.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some Ichikawas in noir. Please let me know if someone is interested in selling them or direct me to a retailer. Do not want to wait for 2022 in a preorder.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. I have the same Saint model in reserve and for a mid/big face like mine, the frame is too narrow up/down. I love the sunnies but do not wear much.
Same happens with my Loewys, although I really love the shape of the frames they are too small for my face. Taos are my most wear frames.

I feel like most people outside of JMM wear sunglasses that are as short or shorter than these.
for example some oakleys etc etc

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have different sunglasses brands and I have found lately (with JMM) that the ones that fit me best are the big ones....and the ones I enjoy the most. 49 like Moscots are the minimun size I wear . Do not like rat lab sunnies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads