• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dope CB1F9443-79BF-4CAF-BF39-963687B0002C.png

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone who’s had clear optical zoomer lenses 1.67 put into their JMMs please post a pic? I’m worrying about the blue light that comes with them. He said you can hardly notice the tint, but I’m worried.
@mhip i think you’ve had them done?
I got these lenses from zoomer. Amazing service. Great quality lens. Wearing them there is no noticeable tint. Holding them to LED light, they look perfectly crystal clear, taking pics with a background suggest some faint coloring, but again, don’t notice a tint while wearing. Highly recommend Zoomer without hesitation.
5ECDE0FC-4EDA-4EA8-BDE1-4F457582AB6B.jpeg
7CF3CDD8-49F8-4D63-BEEF-74AD844B681B.jpeg

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I got these lenses from zoomer. Amazing service. Great quality lens. Wearing them there is no noticeable tint. Holding them to LED light, they look perfectly crystal clear, taking pics with a background suggest some faint coloring, but again, don’t notice a tint while wearing. Highly recommend Zoomer without hesitation.
View attachment 1668272 View attachment 1668273
I am SO happy, and Marcos, whose company it is, is so hardworking and deserving. Thank you for posting this.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1668272 View attachment 1668273

Did you visit them in person or did you get these made remotely through the mail-in process?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you visit them in person or did you get these made remotely through the mail-in process?
All remote. Placed the order online (after asking a few questions via email), sent the glasses in along with a copy of my prescription (I had my local optometrist perform typical measurements like optical distance and seg height), got them back in about a week. Even though my prescription is very weak I opted for the 1.67 lenses on their recommendation because it’s just an all around higher quality lens for not that much more (relative to the cost of the frames).

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, I think they look a touch too small, but mostly in terms of height.
It’s just personal preference. I think they look fine but they’re shorter than most JMMs and those on this thread who love the big **** you frames won’t see these as being up there with the big uns!
I like the shorter ones and would love to try on a pair of Jeffs which are similarly short but I’m put off by the higher price and the - so far - boring colours on offer.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All remote. Placed the order online (after asking a few questions via email), sent the glasses in along with a copy of my prescription (I had my local optometrist perform typical measurements like optical distance and seg height), got them back in about a week. Even though my prescription is very weak I opted for the 1.67 lenses on their recommendation because it’s just an all around higher quality lens for not that much more (relative to the cost of the frames).
I’m intrigued now. I have a pair of Liquid rigid curved aircraft aluminium shades I wear for riding but the mirror flash is wearing off the lenses and Liquid is reducing their presence, maybe on the way to closing. They don’t replace lenses any more. My local “du” was gonna charge me more than the shades originally cost just to replace the lenses. I wonder if these zoomer folks can help me out with this?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I’m intrigued now. I have a pair of Liquid rigid curved aircraft aluminium shades I wear for riding but the mirror flash is wearing off the lenses and Liquid is reducing their presence, maybe on the way to closing. They don’t replace lenses any more. My local “du” was gonna charge me more than the shades originally cost just to replace the lenses. I wonder if these zoomer folks can help me out with this?
Call Zoomer and ask for Marco

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads