• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Sandman3769

Reaction score
Not a response to your other questions, but if you're ever looking again for a darker lens in a similar color but with silhouettes closer to your 1948s than your TCs, the JMM Hollywood gallery still has a few of its gallery-exclusive releases in stock of the Zephirin, Julien, and Vendome
Very nice. I'll keep that in mind. I love round frames, but if I buy them, I need them to be meduim-wide frames, and the lenses cant be too small. I have a big head. 1948's are perfect. Fontainebleau work for me too. Devaux are frames that I love, but they are totally disproportionate to my face and make me look like a bug.

I often wonder how those 3 you mentioned would look on me. I think the Vendomes would be fine, but not sure about the other 2.

Aroma

Reaction score
The "enthusiasts" page does seem to have a number of fakes though. So be mindful.
That group is indeed trash lol. Come and join JMM underground for a real quality FB page where collectors buy trade and sell. I’m sure anyone who’s in this forum and in the fb group will vouch on how I ran that group. It’s a strong and tight ship as some other members have referred us to.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to just say that Jacque Marie mage enthusiast is not the original group where we had 3k members. It is underground Jmm, enthusiast group is ran very poorly.

Thanks for having pointed it out. I've been following the first defunct group and follow the current one. Never bought or sold anything though.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s my pleasure. I just want everyone in here if they do want to join a real collectors group to buy sell & trade then it would def be Jmm underground.
I’m not nor ever will be a Facebook member but please feel free to mention I have a few frames for sale right now -

Seberg silver/green
Julien grey / purple
Fatale silver / blue
Molino Hunter / pink
Cassady marine / blue

Cheers!

Neom22

Reaction score
I went to my local dealer today and tried the Leclair on in Agar for anyone who wanted to see a fit picture, what’s the verdict?

Attachments

• IMG_6437.jpeg
    IMG_6437.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6436.jpeg
    IMG_6436.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6440.jpeg
    IMG_6440.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 93

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads