• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CGKIII

Reaction score
Recently got the Tacoma in grey and I'm happy I did.

Sizing:
I'm an 8D on the AE 5 last, and with my orthotic inserts I have a bit of a gap when lacing balmorals. I wear a 7.5D on the 333 last. And I have a few 8D loafers on the 108 last that I can't wear my inserts with (but fit perfectly without them). Have an 7.5 E (UK) EG F82 last and a G&G 7.5E (UK) on the MH71 last that both fit great.

Decided to go with the 7.5 size for my Tacoma's (the guide says it's an 8.5 US), figuring I wanted to get a closed lacing gap with the wholecut style. It's a little loose for standard socks, though with my inserts and a thicker winter sock, it's a nice snug fit. This probably relegates it to a cold-weather shoe, but I have enough warm-weather ones that this is definitely acceptable. That said, I think I'll size down to a 7 for my next pair or two. (Greenwood...blue and/or black...)

Details:
The shoe is great. I like the closed channel, though that's a detail no one else will ever see. I like that the "footprint" doesn't extend as far past the upper compared to my AE's. The bags are nice, and it came with a shoehorn and extra pair of laces, both of which I don't think I can have enough of. I like the shape of the toe, and it's refreshing to see a different medallion style compared to my AE's.

It's hard to say exactly why, but it just feels like a nicer shoe to wear compared to my AE's. It's not quite as drastic a step as going from, say, cheap shoes to AE's, but it was definitely noticeable. At the current price point, this line of shoes is definitely worth it for me. The style is nice. It's fills exactly the role I was looking for but couldn't find a shoe to do it anywhere else. Very pleased with my purchase.

If I had to find something to complain about, it might be that it has 5 eyelets, which made lacing a little trickier, but as designed, I don't think 6 would look as correct.

Service:
Justin provided some quick answers to inquiries I had, which was great. I placed my order on a Monday evening (US time), and had a delivery attempt on Thursday, which was a bit quicker than expected.

Verdict:
Will buy again, we'll see how the holiday budget goes.

stijn

Reaction score
Anyone got the Snoqualmie? I love J's work on these, they give the rugged boot a dressy look. I'm on the fence but would like to see them on someones feet/under a pair of trousers.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Recently got the Tacoma in grey and I'm happy I did.

Verdict:
Will buy again, we'll see how the holiday budget goes.

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. It is much appreciated as well as is your support in my young brand.

Enjoy your shoes!

Justin

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anyone got the Snoqualmie? I love J's work on these, they give the rugged boot a dressy look. I'm on the fence but would like to see them on someones feet/under a pair of trousers.

Thanks for the kind words re the Snoqualmie. That is kind of you.

I don't have a picture under trousers per se, but rather a pair of jeans. Not sure if they are slim enough to be worn under proper trousers. Would say that they are limited to casual trousers, i.e. jeans, chinos, cords, tweeds etc... only maybe under some heavy flannels..

Hope that this helps. No pressure but the brown pair is going fast if that is your intended color

best

Justin

FYI, my pair is a sample pair with different leather and silver eye hooks as opposed to the version for sale (just to show you the look of them on the foot)

Last edited:

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our Winter Sale has begun!

Dear Members,

In the hopes to continue offering you the latest and greatest in footwear we are having a Winter Sale with 20% off Selected Footwear Styles in order to make room for new stock in the coming months. We also wish to offer 10% off all Shoe Snob Accessories, Saphir & Springyard Overshoes for the entire month of January.

Please note that there is a difference between the shoes available in the sale. There is the “Shop Stock” & the regular “Sale Stock”… The Shop Stock is collection of shoes from our core range, which have been tried on once or twice in a shop environment and may have minimal creasing.

The regular sale stock is compromised of seasonal models which we are clearing out in order to make room for our exciting new Spring/Summer models. We have no plans to reproduce this seasonal stock in the near future so if there is a style which you fancy, now is your chance to get them at a previously unobtainable price!

We thank you as always for your continued support.

Wishing everybody a fantastic 2015.

Sincerely,

Justin, “The Shoe Snob”

anderz

Reaction score
Finally got my Snoqualmie sizing sorted:

This is a really good take on the classic mountain boot with it's sleek last and sole.
@stijn

I also ended up with a pair of the merlot Tony on sale:

stijn

Reaction score
I love them @anderz they look amazing, but just bought 2 pairs of carmina jumper boots, I need to wait until the better half has calmed down to order another pair since I have a fresh pair of double monks coming in as well...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Iyor

Reaction score
Those are awesome. Would definitely get in midnight or as pictured. Not sure if I would prefer brogueing around the lacing as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads