• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it possible if you post a fit pic?

Too hot right now, my man. I'm not a fan of taking pictures via the mirror on a cell phone as well. Will post pictures when I actually wear it.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a whole, I agree. They're mostly basics across the board (e.g. boring).

That doesn't bother me so much as I'm into heritage type pieces like chunky donegal shawls and such, but it's the quality for the price. I got a couple of nice fairisle sweaters from J Crew last season, but apart from that there was little else of interest.

Bbombers85

Reaction score

This cardigan looks pretty slick.  Also, I'm liking the navy pindot shirt he's wearing underneath.  I suppose that'll be coming out at some point this fall.

Also, this Wallace & Barnes sweater looks great.  Think I'm gonna hold out and get the Ovadia & Sons french blue aztec sweater soon, instead, though.

EDIT:  As you can see, I'm feenin' for some cooler weather.

I saw the pindot shirt in store today. The color and material are really fine. However, the price tag said $138, which didn't make it seem worthwhile. It's part of the "exclusive" Wallace and Barnes line. I'm going to wait for it to go on sale, but am unsure of it'll make it that far. Definitely one of the better, but overpriced, items of the fall line.

I also thought the homespun henley knits for $72 were nice. Thinking of picking one of those up. The fit was great.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the 484 line denim in the mail today. They are slim, which is great! When it comes to J. Crew trousers and jeans, they were always too loose for me regardless of the cut. The 484 line seems to fix that issue. I got a pair in size 31, and I would say the thighs and legs are more tapered than my APC NS in size 30.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the 484 line denim in the mail today. They are slim, which is great! When it comes to J. Crew trousers and jeans, they were always too loose for me regardless of the cut. The 484 line seems to fix that issue. I got a pair in size 31, and I would say the thighs and legs are more tapered than my APC NS in size 30.

How is the overall quality of a JCrew 484 as opposed to something SF-approved at a similar pricepoint? Can it match 3Sixteen, Rogue Territory, etc?

NoahRose

Reaction score
I got the Waxed Cotton Field Jacket in medium tall and boy is it huge! It's really heavy too. I like the material but unfortunately it doesn't fit me so I'm going to send it back.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is the overall quality of a JCrew 484 as opposed to something SF-approved at a similar pricepoint? Can it match 3Sixteen, Rogue Territory, etc?

all of the j crew denim is now made in China. Made me swear off J Crew denim.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dropped the prices on all j crew items in my listing. message me if interested, thanks!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's no way that it would compare to those premium brands, man. I bought it because I like the wash, and I couldn't find any other brands in a similar wash for under $200. I'm not a big denim junkie so I can't see myself shelling out that much for it. The jean was $98 and I used my student discount. Quality is mediocre at best. I would say it's a bit less superior than Naked & Famous. But for under $100 taxed, I'm not complaining :)

BlueWord

Reaction score

I tried these on once; I was a little curious because of the high price point ($225, I think?) and the way they've been pushing the cut. Really, really did not like the cut, and the quality definitely wasn't there, at least not in the raw selvedge jean. I was expecting a cut somewhere along the line of APC NS, and it was much bigger through the thighs and topblock, even sized down, and tapered oddly. On my build, at least, it wasn't particularly flattering.

Gmas

Reaction score

Anyone want to do a relatively simple proxy for me? I'm tired of paying the obnoxious import duties imposed by Canada (and J Crew on Canadian imports).

The J.Crew website states the following under shipping to Canada: "We ship via UPS Standard service directly to your door. You will receive your order in four to seven business days from the date your order was placed. Taxes will be included in your order total. No additional duties will be applied at checkout or upon delivery."

Namely that there won't be any additional duties...but the first quote scares me. Anyone have experience ordering from Canada. I know UPS is usually avoided at all costs.

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried these on once; I was a little curious because of the high price point ($225, I think?) and the way they've been pushing the cut. Really, really did not like the cut, and the quality definitely wasn't there, at least not in the raw selvedge jean. I was expecting a cut somewhere along the line of APC NS, and it was much bigger through the thighs and topblock, even sized down, and tapered oddly. On my build, at least, it wasn't particularly flattering.

They fit exactly like my APC PS in the same size. Very great cut imo.

NickyEyes

Reaction score
Anybody know if their sales are standardized yearly? I'm looking to purchase a suit, but I'd prefer to wait for a 20-25% off sale first. Maybe towards the end of fall perhaps?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads