• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

PattyC

Reaction score
I wore my desert boots all last winter, didn't slip once. Albeit I did ruin the suede, so I opted for a leather pair of deebees this year.

hastur

Reaction score
wanted to order a jacket and then i ran into this

shipping \t$ \t18.50
tax \t$ \t16.59

that's for ground shipping. this is ******* ridiculous
ffffuuuu.gif

Newstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
I was browsing the J. Crew site today on a whim and saw this:

images_eiec_35_35251_35251_BL8133_tif_6e7b0b1fe9f31840.jpg

What the ****.

That's what I said. I like the style but for $130! Come on!. I have a pair of retro nikes similar to these which I much prefer.

If your really want these just go to shoemart.com. Similar style and less then half the price.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
these NBs are pretty classic, as a sneaker company they're one of the few folks still churning out their product in the us. these are a great representation of what made people love them in the 90s, super simple styling and not techy. superbobo rocks the hell out of nbs, and the folks at engineered garments are also fans:
the navy and loden suede renditions look pretty awesome, if i wore sneakers on a regular basis i'd consider it.

there are a big difference in the quality of 1400's and the generic 574's you see in the stores. personally i prefer the 1300's, but 1400's of american origin can't be beat.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
wanted to order a jacket and then i ran into this

shipping \t$ \t18.50
tax \t$ \t16.59

that's for ground shipping. this is ******* ridiculous
ffffuuuu.gif

You can't do anything about the tax. They are required by law to charge you that.
However their shipping policy stinks. They also charge you for return shipping.
J Crew needs to offer free shipping for any order over $50.

admerr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
You can't do anything about the tax. They are required by law to charge you that.

Exactly. I rarely order online because their shipping prices are crap and if you order through the red phone shipping is free.

J Crew seems to rarely offer any promotion other than discounts on already marked down sale items, and free shipping on $150+. I was shocked when I received a 25% card in the mail a few weeks ago.

As for the the desert boots- I was told by a J Crew employee a while back that Clarks makes their shoes. Can anyone confirm this?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1

Said it before, but I would be happy if they did what BR/Gap does and have a flat rate of $7 for shipping.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Said it before, but I would be happy if they did what BR/Gap does and have a flat rate of $7 for shipping.

I would be happy with that too.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by admerr
Exactly. I rarely order online because their shipping prices are crap and if you order through the red phone shipping is free.

J Crew seems to rarely offer any promotion other than discounts on already marked down sale items, and free shipping on $150+. I was shocked when I received a 25% card in the mail a few weeks ago.

As for the the desert boots- I was told by a J Crew employee a while back that Clarks makes their shoes. Can anyone confirm this?

No, that is ridiculous. If Clark's made them, they'd most certainly want to be acknowledged, at least in a collaborative capacity.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
How are their secret wash shirts?
absolute effing ****. I bought 3 shirts from their final sale. Maybe I'm spoiled from purchasing higher end designer shirts... but no collar stays, i'm swimming in an XS in all places except the neck, and the shirt just feels raggity. After all of the jcrew hype for the past few seasons, I caved and bought a bunch of items. The only thing that didn't disappoint terribly has been their urban fit cords. Jeans = terrible. Secret Wash shirts = terrible. Chinos = bad, almost terrible. T shirts = warp just as bad as Hanes t shirts do after 1 wash. Basically everything feels like a 1/2 cop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads