• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone check out the herringbone vest?
images_onFigure_30_30945_30945_WA0950_m_tif_6ff20b1feb6a1840.jpg

brooks has a sick one that is a bit pricey, but this might do in a pinch.

admerr

Reaction score
New to the boards.....long time J Crew customer.

I used the 25% I got in the mail last week to order the Vintage Slim Fit cords in the pale surplus color off the red phone. My inseam is a 33 so I always order up 34 in case of shrinkage.

I'm really disappointed with the fit. They are almost a 36 inseam and the crotch area is just too low/ too much extra material below the zipper.

Anybody else notice this with J Crew's pants lately? I would buy the 484 slims, but they are just too tight on my thighs. Maybe just poor quality control.

I'm 6'-1"
usually buy 32/34

admerr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
I was browsing the J. Crew site today on a whim and saw this:

images_eiec_35_35251_35251_BL8133_tif_6e7b0b1fe9f31840.jpg

What the ****.

Yeah I saw that too. J Crew is really branching out in the footwear department. That is a classic NB silhouette. They should have a really plush suede, and it is a shoe that looks great with some wear.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
anyone check out the herringbone vest?
images_onFigure_30_30945_30945_WA0950_m_tif_6ff20b1feb6a1840.jpg

brooks has a sick one that is a bit pricey, but this might do in a pinch.

Topman has one, too. Can anyone say trend?

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score

Those look like the sort of shoes that would logically be paired with these jeans:

19288sdd.jpg

And then there's this golden nugget in the copy:

"After years of being available only in Japan, the model's stateside rerelease has also been a cause cÃ
00a9.png
lèbre among connoisseurs."

Ah yes, the famed New Balance comfort sneaker connoisseurs.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
Those look like the sort of shoes that would logically be paired with these jeans:

19288sdd.jpg

And then there's this golden nugget in the copy:

"After years of being available only in Japan, the model's stateside rerelease has also been a cause cÃ
00a9.png
lèbre among connoisseurs."

Ah yes, the famed New Balance comfort sneaker connoisseurs.

Lol. I used to wear those jeans...

At age 4, in the playpen.

Jay687

Reaction score
Originally Posted by admerr
New to the boards.....long time J Crew customer.

I used the 25% I got in the mail last week to order the Vintage Slim Fit cords in the pale surplus color off the red phone. My inseam is a 33 so I always order up 34 in case of shrinkage.

I'm really disappointed with the fit. They are almost a 36 inseam and the crotch area is just too low/ too much extra material below the zipper.

Anybody else notice this with J Crew's pants lately? I would buy the 484 slims, but they are just too tight on my thighs. Maybe just poor quality control.

I'm 6'-1"
usually buy 32/34

No idea why you'd ever size up. They are already vanity sized. I have 30" waist, nearly 31" around my hips and wear 28s. They measure 30.5" (call them and ask for all measurements and they'll give them to you, it helps).

So, they are definitely way vanity sized, so try to go down in size compared to your waist or hip measurement.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by admerr
Yeah I saw that too. J Crew is really branching out in the footwear department. That is a classic NB silhouette. They should have a really plush suede, and it is a shoe that looks great with some wear.

Ummm, I think you need vision correction......
lol8[1].gif

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was browsing the J. Crew site today on a whim and saw this:
What the ****.

these NBs are pretty classic, as a sneaker company they're one of the few folks still churning out their product in the us. these are a great representation of what made people love them in the 90s, super simple styling and not techy. superbobo rocks the hell out of nbs, and the folks at engineered garments are also fans:
2a853504.jpg
52c31860.jpg
the navy and loden suede renditions look pretty awesome, if i wore sneakers on a regular basis i'd consider it.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
I dunno, man. Too many janitors wear 'em. I don't mean to sound arrogant or anything but...

I don't wanna be a janitor.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
janitors also wear levi's, industrial workers still wear chambray and red wing boots... "i just don't like them" would be a better excuse.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
janitors also wear levi's, industrial workers still wear chambray and red wing boots... "i just don't like them" would be a better excuse.

Hm, good point. I just don't like them.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
these NBs are pretty classic, as a sneaker company they're one of the few folks still churning out their product in the us. these are a great representation of what made people love them in the 90s, super simple styling and not techy. superbobo rocks the hell out of nbs, and the folks at engineered garments are also fans:

the navy and loden suede renditions look pretty awesome, if i wore sneakers on a regular basis i'd consider it.

Interesting defense of an overdesigned and distracting shoe.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome. People loved stone washed carpenter jeans in the 90's too. Maybe J Crew will be hocking them next week.

Ha, just saw the carpenters pictured a few posts up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads