• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've developed an eye twitch.

rdaws

Reaction score
I've had eye twitches in the past, where the lid just flipped around a little bit, but this week it looks like a small animal is trying to break out from underneath my left eye.

Any idea on the cause / solution? Have a very client-facing role... don't want to look like a
ffffuuuu.gif

fa5ky

Reaction score
rub ur index finger till its hot and then place it over the spot. Heat helps to get rid of it. Something my mother taught me lol.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
eye twitch or eyeLID twitch?

rdaws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
eye twitch or eyeLID twitch?

This is a twitch of the lower lid... but it goes another half inch below, and it's extremely noticeable. More of a spasm, really.

As for allergies, I'm usually pretty good on allergies... could be stress, there's a lot going on right now. Anything I can do about the effects of stress without actually dealing with the source? (occasionally stressful job I'm not willing to quit for an eye twitch, you see
wink.gif
)

alexei

Reaction score
I had eyelid twitches until I started taking anxiolytics. It may very well be stress induced.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I get this (top lid though) on occasion. Usually happens when I'm stressed and studying for an exam or something. I give it a little rub and try not to think about it and it usually goes away. Give it some time.

ramenPowered

Reaction score
I believe it's called Myokymia. Usually caused by stress, anxiety, excess caffeine, lack of sleep, or a combination of any of them. It should go away when things settle down, massaging the area couldn't hurt though. Could last up to three weeks.

iampeter

Reaction score
stress causes eye twitches(work related, lack of sleep related)

i can personally relate to lack of sleep for a constant eye twitch issue. started sleeping normally and everything normalized.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads