• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is This Silver Suit Out Of Style?

SuperRick

Reaction score
Silverhawk, very nice.
smile.gif

Okay, so hypothetically if I keep this suit, what color shirt should I wear with it? I have a bunch of shirts, all except black which seems like the best color to wear with it. It would be to church, and with a tie.

Last edited:

SuperRick

Reaction score
I can always wear it on Father's Day. I'm a dad of four and on Father's Day I can get away with doing whatever the heck I want.

SuperRick

Reaction score
The colors are pretty close (to me), he's got black buttons on his though. Maybe I should switch out the buttons...

SuperRick

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Jawboneofa! I don't want to look gangster, that's for sure. I have a nice white shirt I can wear with it, but my blue is kind of medium blue, not really light blue.

What about turquoise or pink?

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mandjo

Reaction score
There should be a contrast in color when you wear a dark suit so you don't look washed out, pair it with a light colored shirt/or tie.

SuperRick

Reaction score
There should be a contrast in color when you wear a dark suit so you don't look washed out, pair it with a light colored shirt/or tie.

That makes sense to me, "SilverHawk" doesn't look very good in the silver shirt and silver tie with the silver suit.

SuperRick

Reaction score
Okay, I got the suit today and it's definitly going back. Too much John Travolta/Saturday Night Fever for me.

I'm exchanging it for a black shiny sharkskin. I liked the quality of the suit, it's just the color was terrible on me.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suit is ok but no need to buy another like it.
Welcome to Styleforum SuperRick and congratulaions on the weight loss.
add911_11
[COLOR=FF00AA]Koreans are great people[/COLOR], pop star or not.

but they eat dogs );

Last edited:

calcoast

Reaction score
Try a suit from H&M or even *gasp* Express, you can get them in the $150-200 range, they are very modern cut and some even have that certain "sheen" to 'em. If your going for that attention-grabbing look-at-me look I think they would suffice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads