• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Kiton jacket worth the buy?

XFi1382

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm relatively new in the high fashion scene.

Just wondering, I can buy the kiton jacket below for ~€250. Would this really be a steal?

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Xfi

westhill

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm relatively new in the high fashion scene.

Just wondering, I can buy the kiton jacket below for ~€250. Would this really be a steal?

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Xfi
Xfi, it would "be a steal" in comparison with Kiton's normal prices which are among the highest of any tailoring company. HOWEVER nothing is a good buy unless it absolutely fits you perfectly . A classic Prince of Wales check in grey fits in perfectly with the informalist or posh-casual look that's currently very important. The higher quality the piece the better the overall effect . Kiton is a very high brand.

XFi1382

Reaction score
It's supposed to be a 48 slim fit jacket, which should normally fit me quite well. Also not an issue if you need to let it tailor afterwards I guess??

However, I'm not used to buying/wearing this high class clothes so just wondering if I could score a Zegna for ~150 if the Kiton for 250 would be 'better'...

Ivar

Reaction score
Stop being so obsessed by labels. If it looks good, fits, and passes the quality threshold -- buy it. If not -- don't.

Last edited:

XFi1382

Reaction score
Stop being so obsessed by labels. If it looks good, fits, and passes the quality threshold -- buy it. If not -- don't.
Who says anything about being obsessed with labels? I have multiple Massimo Dutti jackets which I like a lot.

I just wanted to validate that buying this jacket would be a really good deal. Even if I don't like it/it doesn't fit me, I will probably be able to resell it for the same price...

And even though I don't know an awful lot about these type of quality clothes, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in it. Why buy a Massimo Dutti blazer for €250 if I can have a Kiton blazer for the same price (if it fits me as good as the MD one of course...)?

Ivar

Reaction score

Who says anything about being obsessed with labels? I have multiple Massimo Dutti jackets which I like a lot.

I just wanted to validate that buying this jacket would be a really good deal. Even if I don't like it/it doesn't fit me, I will probably be able to resell it for the same price...

And even though I don't know an awful lot about these type of quality clothes, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in it. Why buy a Massimo Dutti blazer for €250 if I can have a Kiton blazer for the same price (if it fits me as good as the MD one of course...)? 

My point is that what does not match the criteria I outlined is never a good deal, no matter the asking price. But I naturally agree on your last point and would personally go for it without thinking twice. What you'll notice when you try on the Kiton coat is that the chest piece is shapely yet incredibly soft. This is possibly the feature of high-end coats that's hardest to convey over the internet, but it's very palpable the moment you put on the garment.

A word of advice: the sleeves have functioning buttons, which means that your alterations tailor will have to unsew and resew that beautiful spalla camicia shoulder. I had the same problem with my Kiton suit and opted eventually for having a special shirt designated for it.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A word of advice: the sleeves have functioning buttons, which means that your alterations tailor will have to unsew and resew that beautiful spalla camicia shoulder. I had the same problem with my Kiton suit and opted eventually for having a special shirt designated for it.

That's not quite true - it depends how much you need to have taken off. You can usually get away with having 0.5 - 1.5cm taken off the sleeves from the cuff, depending on how much distance you want between the buttonholes and the cuff, but no more.

Ivar

Reaction score

That's not quite true - it depends how much you need to have taken off. You can usually get away with having 0.5 - 1.5cm taken off the sleeves from the cuff, depending on how much distance you want between the buttonholes and the cuff, but no more.

That's right. I'm just very particular about getting the right distance between the bottommost sleeve button and the sleeve end. The "right" distance to my eyes being 1.25" (measuring from the middle of the bottommost button to the sleeve end), which is supposedly also the Savile Row practice.

Last edited:

XFi1382

Reaction score
Looks like it was found in a charity shop. Even from the pictures I can tell it smells like an old man.

The jacket has been bought by somebody else. Total price for this jacket and an ISAIA suit: €500. Should have gone for it I guess..

On you comment. I totally disagree. Worn right, this will look extremely nice and classy...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vascolex