• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this edward green on bluefly?

JohnMS

Reaction score
I have called Bluefly and asked that they check their warehouse on the size 8 shoes to let me know what numbers are listed in the shoe (e.g., 7 1/2 - 8 or 8 - 8 1/2). If anyone is interested I will report back when (and if) I find something out.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They are probably going with the number on the box - Purple Label boxes are marked with US sizes. I don't think anybody there would be savvy enough to interpret the size on the shoe. After all, they put them in the "Polo" category, not under "Collection."

rjsphd

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust Bluefly sizing--they listed american sizing on euro sized shoes. Perhaps if you call you can get better advice. In any case, Bluefly has a generous return policy.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the message here it -- there are some amazing deals to be had on Bluefly. Edward Green and C&J for over 50% off retail. Even better when you add in one of those discount codes....

jsw4195

Reaction score
Could someone point me to a Bluefly coupon code - I can't turn one up searching online

Many thx

acole

Reaction score
Could someone point me to a Bluefly coupon code
GIFTBLUE22 is the only substantial deal I'm aware of (15% off).  You can also try SHIP4FREE for free shipping over $100.

akrome

Reaction score
I was looking at the Bluefly website and comparing this model to a picture of the EG Cardiff's and at first glance they seem to be identical. I was actually in the process of buying a pair, but my eyes kept going towards the toe stictching and then I noticed that it is not identical to my own EG Cardiff's. They may still be made by EG and that is how they differentiate slightly, but I wouldn't want someone to pay $500 expecting something and possibly getting another. There is a picture of EG Cardiff's on the "Shoe photos" topic and you can judge for yourself.

Hope this helps.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was looking at the Bluefly website and comparing this model to a picture of the EG Cardiff's and at first glance they seem to be identical. I was actually in the process of buying a pair, but my eyes kept going towards the toe stictching and then I noticed that it is not identical to my own EG Cardiff's.

The toe medallion is different from the pair in the Shoe Photos thread. That doesn't mean anything. If you take a look at the Made to Order page in the EG catalogue with the 4 different Cardiff shoes, you'll notice that the shoe the second from the left has a medallion identical to the shoes on Bluefly while the others have medallions identical to the shoe in Thracozaag's picture. EG is very flexible when it comes to things like toe medallions, and I would imagine that there are a dozen different variations or more that you could select.

The Bluefly shoes scream Edward Green. It looks exactly like the Cardiff models, and there are several other details that are distinctively EG (the wheeling -- or relative lack of it -- on the welt strip, the color of the leather, the antiquing, the shape of the toe, the shape of the heel, the way the shoe looks from the side). Without seeing the shoes in person, I suppose that I could be wrong about this and that they're not made by EG. I don't think so, though.

They may still be made by EG and that is how they differentiate slightly, but I wouldn't want someone to pay $500 expecting something and possibly getting another.

Well, you can return things to Bluefly, so you can send them back if they're not satisfactory.

JohnMS

Reaction score
I have to apologize for my lack of ability on a calculator. I listed the EG shoes on Bluefly at around $382 with a coupon, which would suggest 25 percent off. The coupon is 15 percent off. I need to go back to accountancy school to learn to use a calculator.

Thank you to those in the forum who sent me a PM to clarify this.

JohnMS

Reaction score
From an earlier post:

I have called Bluefly and asked that they check their warehouse on the size 8 shoes to let me know what numbers are listed in the shoe (e.g., 7 1/2 - 8 or 8 - 8 1/2). If anyone is interested I will report back when (and if) I find something out.

------------------------------------------

I heard back from Bluefly just now regarding the Cardiff shoes. I inquired specifically about the size 8 they had listed. A. Harris mentioned that more and more RL shoes are being made in E width.

Bluefly indicated that the numbering on the shoes they have listed as size 8 are as follows:

7 1/2 - 8 D. Sounds like this particular version would fit on the narrow side according to information provided by Mr. Harris earlier.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My Cardiff's have the exact toe medallion shown in the Bluefly picture.

Very useful JohnMs, thanks. The Bluefly (American) size 12 definitely will not fit me so I'll skip on the black pair I was considering.

acole

Reaction score
...ditto Mr. Harris on the Bluefly size 12's not fitting my 13C foot. Â Argh.
mad.gif
 The 12's are gone now, anyway, in the antique brown at least...

Internyet

Reaction score
Okay, so what is this "shoe shaper" that the shoe comes with? Is it a shoe tree, or what?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Purple Label shoes come with custom trees. A very nice extra - they would probably cost about $100 by themselves.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Purple Label shoes come with custom trees. A very nice extra - they would probably cost about $100 by themselves.
The thing that I've never understood about RLPL shoes is the relatively small markup when compared to other RLPL clothes. The shoes (at least the last time I checked) retail in the neighborhood of $850 to $900. The trees are included, and they're worth $75 to $100. Subtract the value of the trees, and the shoes are very close in retail price to EG-labelled shoes (much lower if you're talking about Jay Kos). Compare that to the markup on St. Andrews-made RLPL suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads