• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this edward green on bluefly?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for being the "canary in the mine" on these shoes. I generally wouldn't pay this much for a pair of shoes, but I have a sizable Bluefly credit from my return of a mis-described suit and am thinking of splurging on the brown pair. Do antique-finished shoes need to be shined any differently than shoes with a uniform finish?
Well, thank you, although I deserve no credit because I wasn't consciously doing anybody but myself any service when I ordered them.

In any event, I shine my EG shoes just like any others. I'm certainly no expert in shoe shining, and I'm probably doing something wrong. However, it hasn't effected the antiquing on the shoes yet so far as I can see. I don't use shoe cream very much, and since shoe cream has more staining power than wax polish, that probably has something to do with it.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair Fri. nite, size 8, though I am typically a 7.5. Why, you might ask? Oh, what the hell, I thought I'd give it a try (they are lovely looking shoes and a relatively good value). Since it's Shoefly, at worst I'll be able to admire a nice pair of shoes and then send them back if they don't fit.

I am a sick, sick man.

-AJL

PS: I also ordered a pair of the RL/C&J cordovan desert boots, this time in a 7.5...

Cpal

Reaction score
I just received my black pair in the mail today - expecting the brown tomorrow. Great deal if you're in the market. Fit of the 89 last is very close to the fit of my Dovers which are made on the EG 606.

Thanks again to everyone on here - another great bargain..

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received the shoes in brown (actually closer to a dark tan) yesterday -- they are indeed beautiful.  Alas, although the shoes are marked as a 10D, my usual size, they feel a 1/2 size too big.  So back to Bluefly they go.

mack

Reaction score
I received my brown shoes this afternoon and they are indeed quite nice.

A previous post I cannot locate talked about the time necessary to break in a pair of EGs.  My problem is that the 11D is a bit tight, but that the 11.5D, with a comfortable width, has the end of the toebox about 1.5 inches from the end of my toe. The shoes have a rounded rather than pointed toe.

So, how long should it take before these shoes are comfortable for long walks?  More importantly, is it reasonable to expect the width to loosen, or should I go for the longer length?

Again, many thanks to our shoe experts

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A previous post I cannot locate talked about the time necessary to break in a pair of EGs. My problem is that the 11D is a bit tight, but that the 11.5D, with a comfortable width, has the end of the toebox about 1.5 inches from the end of my toe. The shoes have a rounded rather than pointed toe.

So, how long should it take before these shoes are comfortable for long walks? More importantly, is it reasonable to expect the width to loosen, or should I go for the longer length?
I wouldn't worry so much about the length of the shoes. What matters more to me is how they fit in the heels, in the arch, and on the top of the waist of the foot; and whether they break comfortably when walking.

The EG shoes that I have seem to have loosened up a bit in the width with wear. I haven't noticed any change at all in the length. They're typically very stiff out of the box and take maybe five or so extended wearings before they really begin to show their comfort potential.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone who is interested in these shoes but hasn't purchased them already, Bluefly is selling them (and a lot of other stuff) for 10% off the sale price.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drewtg