• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is eBay really the only place to hunt for quality shoe bargains?

willyto

Reaction score
Try Vinted. I've found a lot of Lobb shoes and also other makers but scarce like Vass, Gaziano or Saint Crispin's.

Prices can vary but a lot of bargains to be had. I have seen some of the same pair of shoes that people post on Ebay or here on Styleforum though.

I just purchased a pair of John Lobb loafers for around 130€ and purchased the other day a pair of Saint Crispin's suede derbies for 350€ (Turned out too big so will have to sell them after cleaning them up)

Shoe size might be where your problem lies though.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I am nowhere near a size 14. I visited the Edward Green and John Lobb factory stores in 2006 and 2007. Once I knew my size in each last, I was able to buy Edward Green, Crockett and Jones, Trickers and Cleverley on eBay. I have not seen screaming bargains on models that I am interested in for quite some time.

Trickers used to have an official eBay outlet store, but they stopped doing that and started to sell outlet shoes directly through their webpage: https://www.trickersoutlet.com/outlet/mens. They may not be your asthetic.

Bic

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do the top brands do with their surplus production? Is there such a thing as an online (or offline) outlet for top quality men's shoes? Either here in the US or in Europe or anywhere?

Carmina runs an outlet on the Spanish version of eBay and they also deal them through their web store. As far as I know, the eBay hustle is not advertised.

There are plenty of seconds from Loake on eBay.

The trick I've learned is that the selection of most eBay sites do not show up, even when searched with the worldwide option ticked. I don't know the reason for this.

Your best bet, which has been my best one for years, is just searching with the same keywords on individual eBays. Just be sure to change the shoe size number to European standards - and enjoy. If eBay fails, Vulpilist is a newer site for quality clothes. They don't advertise.

ebay.es
ebay.de
ebay.it
ebay.fr

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads