• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Certified Pre-Owned the way to go?

JP Tod

Reaction score
Commenting a little late on this, but I bought a CPO 330xi in Dec. '07. Since then, I've had two service incidents that were not covered under the warranty, but they were (eventually) covered through dealer "goodwill". So far, this has saved me about $2500 in repairs.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JP Tod
Commenting a little late on this, but I bought a CPO 330xi in Dec. '07. Since then, I've had two service incidents that were not covered under the warranty, but they were (eventually) covered through dealer "goodwill". So far, this has saved me about $2500 in repairs.
Interesting. What were the events and how did you end up getting them covered?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oooh, can I guess? Water pump?

JP Tod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Interesting. What were the events and how did you end up getting them covered?

The first problem was worn out /leaking cv boots, est. repair $1000. I was royally pissed because this definitely seemed like something that should have been caught in the CPO inspection. (I had only put about 2K miles on it by that point.) I got a follow up call from the service department regarding my satisfaction with the oil change service (which is what the car had initially gone in for) and I told the woman I couldn't understand how this problem could have been missed. A couple hours later, she called to tell me the dealer would cover the repairs as a "courtesy".

The latest problem was a squeaking sound. Took it in (this time to a different dealership, closer to home) and the problem was worn bushings and ball joints, est. repair cost $1500. Now this is wear and tear and not covered under the extended warranty but I commented on the service guy's Panerai (and showed him mine). He told me he'd see what he could do for me since we are both "Panerai-wearing guys" (!). He found a way to connect the problem to the CPO and the whole deal cost me $50.

Needless to say, I will be returning to this dealership for any additional maintenance/service on the car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads