• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was talking to a friend who is a real techy this weekend and he thinks Apple is going to merge the macbook and macbook air into essentially one device. He said in the future all macbooks will essentially be airs. Sounds cool.

i suspect that will be the case as well, but it'll be a bit before they can shrink the tech needed to power the MbPR into the Air's frame.

I'd be all for this, but a big reason I didn't purchase an Air initially was no CD drive. I know they're getting more obsolete, but c'mon...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I feel like I'd only use the CD drive to download new software or something. Hopefully they can just do it in store for Office.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have an air and I just bought the usb CD drive that goes with it. Honestly it has been collecting dust. I thought I would use it much more often than I do. If you aren't ripping CD's you don't use it much.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah the air is okay, I use it when I don't need to do serious work on my machine. Probably going to buy the retina, you know because my pro is so heavy. :embar:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
100+ comments, so, who is picking up a LifeProof case? Got my order in queue via PayPal payment page, should I?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the Case Crown right now that you recommended.

But I just don't feel quite secure with it hence I picked up the LifeProof. Not sure what to do with the case crown afterwards. Maybe just hand it to a co-worker since one of them commented on how light the case is.

Had my iPhone with the Case Crown in back pocket. When I reached for the iPhone before sitting down, one side of the case slid off (shorter side) and I was standing for a good minute digging for it in my back pocket. Luckily the restaurant was not too full. :lol:

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hate bulky cases so no LifeProof for me.

I'm surprised your CaseCrown just slipped off like that though. I had the glider case for the 4S and it was really well made, needed a lot of force to take it apart. For the 5 I ended getting the snap-on (this) cause I realized my earphone plug won't work with the glider. Yellow on black looks so good but that case probably doesn't offer much protection.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah it slipped off pretty easily (2 weeks ago) surprisingly.

LifeProof is not so bulky IMO and holding the 4S version. I really liked it in hand when holding my bosses and the 5 being a bit slimmer will only take away, if only by very few margin, the bulkiness. As is I find the 5 very uncomfortable holding in one hand so I welcome the extra surface area the LifeProof case will provide. Plus, now I can throw my phone or place it anywhere without much hesitation and can do crossfit with it as my radio (5).

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just get the Nexus 4. It's a solid option as you indicated before.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why do you need an unlocked iphone? Millions of people are happy with their phones the way they are. It makes no sense to me. :confused:

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just get the Nexus 4. It's a solid option as you indicated before.

Doesn't have LTE, which may or may not be an issue for him. I have to say though... It is nice having LTE.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads