• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fedex, it was 52 customs, 41 HST, 10 ROD (what?). Whatever, I'm happy with my sweater. 

Can we get a pic of your toque btw? Doesn't it itch your head?

Toque is scratchy at first but becomes more comfortable as you wear it.
Eventually it stretches to a nice size for your head.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Fedex, it was 52 customs, 41 HST, 10 ROD (what?). Whatever, I'm happy with my sweater.

Can we get a pic of your toque btw? Doesn't it itch your head?

Toque is awesome. I have to admit though, being a knit, it lets some wind through. I wouldn't recommend it for a cold windy day in the prairies. But overall i'm a big fan. It can get a touch itchy on my forehead, but that's a lilliputian detail. I'll try and post a picture or two this weekend.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Toque is awesome. I have to admit though, being a knit, it lets some wind through. I wouldn't recommend it for a cold windy day in the prairies. But overall i'm a big fan. It can get a touch itchy on my forehead, but that's a lilliputian detail. I'll try and post a picture or two this weekend.

Mine only gets itchy when it's too warm to wear it.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome, thanks. I'll look into it. Any word on the quality?

Kanata, Granted, Canadian Sweater Company are all similar in quality. Of the three, I believe CSC is a bit nicer, but not a huge difference. I don't think any of them use Salish knitters consistently (maybe not at all).

The best salish knit I've seen personally is the one Filson used a few years ago, called Canadian Artisiens. I have not found any more info about this company on the web.

PSA: Just received an email from Shannon -- Inverallan/Strathtay have decided to close down mail orders again.

wtf, you guys really outdid yourselves. They should just raise their web order prices, would cut off half of the moronic tire kickers.

lecauchemar

Reaction score
Indeed, I should not have shared that e-mail last summer. I'd say BRAVO!

Besides, I've learned Shannon is in hospital, I hope she will recover quickly and that it has nothing to do with pressure or stress related to all these dumb questions and e-mails that some of you sent.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I'll just bide my time and see if I get my invoice within the next few weeks or so. If not, I'll just have to find an alternative elsewhere.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zissou, don't take more responsibility than necessary. No deposits, people will just paypal you full payments directly. No changing mind on type, sizes or color. Commit or stfu! Already getting a good deal so can always just sell the item in b/s for the people who refuse to read the thread. They go for a good price anyways.

Yeah, IF it happens, it would be a limited number, full payment due up front, standard sizing and colors. I haven't heard back except that Shannon is in the hospital. So, I'll post here if anything comes of it.

damn zis really wants my 4a

Nah, you probably got some corvette Mr Rogers color ;)

Another group order, saywha? I still have a very bad taste in my mouth form losing out on my money and never receiving my sweater from the previous group buy. No fault of zissou's as he was awesome, it was the bastards from the Mandan Store who never responded to emails and were never available the multiple times I tried calling over the phone :censored:

:fu: They said they had taken care of everyone. For some reason, the last six or so orders were a nightmare.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all you fuckwits had to do was read the thread and send in the form. that's it. read and send. a few of us covered all the bases in terms of questions. gtran even condensed the important stuff to a single post. but no.

I feel bad for people like zissou

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
all you fuckwits had to do was read the thread and send in the form. that's it. read and send. a few of us covered all the bases in terms of questions. gtran even condensed the important stuff to a single post. but no.

I feel bad for people like zissou

I don't really understand what was so hard either. I think I had about 7 emails in total, from start to finish, including my thank you email to her once I received it. So maybe 3 emails I actually sent, and I felt I was on the obsessive side....

Got my wine 3A and its amazing. I've been too busy to post any pics of it yet, but i'll take a bunch later this week.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1 e-mail. It contained the order form and a short message saying that I understood it would take 12-14 weeks for completion. How could you need more?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads