• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grantiod

Reaction score
I'm Grantiod. I'm a 17 year old high school student. I knew about styleforum for a time now, but only decided to make an account now. I'm pretty new to fashion. The best clothes I have are either hand-me-downs from my dad or clothes my mom's bought for me over the years. They include a blue blazer, a very large tweed jacket (3 button suit but missing 1), various button down shirts, some ties, and khakis.

Pala Masous

Reaction score
Hello Style forum, I'm Dylan. Here from Atlanta, G.A. USA
a friend of mine told me to check it out so here I am hopefully learn a few things!

curiousguy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I"m Mikey from California.

I use to be very dressy with slacks and dress shirt. Maybe as i'm getting older, more relaxed now. Jeans and t shirt most of the time.

Love jackets and coats though!

Hino

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm Alan from Torrance (near LA in CA). I have never really been into fashion, I used to wear whatever was the most comfortable. However, since I am getting started into a relatively conservative work environment, I wanted to go the extra mile and dress for the job I wanted.

I started following both this forum, as well as few others, because I needed to purchase a suit. With the new suit, came new shoes and I found Allen Edmonds. I am now hooked, and looking to buy my third pair. The first being a Merlot Park Avenue (for my charcoal suit) and I just got a Bourbon Carlyle delivered.

I used to just buy whatever was cheapest and easily accessible. However, I have learned (the hard way) that better quality outweighs any savings I may initially get.

TheItalian

Reaction score
Hello Everybody.... My name's Marco.

Eventhough I've been lurking for a long time... I just decided to join the forum just now.

As the name suggest I'm Italian born but living in Dallas, Texas..... any Texans here?

Cheers!

Batch Mens

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am Geoff from Batch Men's. I am a cofounder and designer. We just started on SF a few weeks ago. I have been in the industry for 15 years but on the women's side so I have not been in the SF community. Originally from Vancouver Canada I moved to NYC to get my education and cut my teeth. 5 Years ago I moved to Florida to take a job at Chicos designing knits. 7 months ago we started Batch with the simple goal of making mens shirts for guys like "us".

I do not fit into the streetwear nor traditional mold. As a designer I had the standard uniform of dark denim jeans (apc, rrl, levis capital e) and a crisp white shirt, usually a non iron. And any sneaker like shoe in leather, cole han nike air combos used to be a favorite until they stopped. DKNY blazer or jill sander in the fall. Now I am reframing what that uniform means being out of the corporate day to day.

Cheers,

JC Echeverry

Reaction score
Houdy you all!....

My name is Juan Carlos Echeverry, im new here and i am from Bogota, Colombia , South America.... I live there as well.

IM a BOOTS freak, and i dont own a single pair of common shoes..... just boots.... boots for every occasion.
Most of my boots have been imported from the United States, Canada, Italy or the UK, as local shoe makers make VERY HIGH QUALITY shoes but dont have any designing skills and dont have any sense of style whatsoever... so it has been a waste of time looking for nice boots here.

My style is what i would call cool.... mostly black and blue distressed slim fit jeans, heavy cloth pants, lumberjack shirts, black Tshirts, loose sweaters Leather jackets, parkas and ..... BOOTS..... dress, cassual, vintage, hiking, military, loggers and work boots... I also have a huge collection of Leather Converse Chuck Taylor boots (more than 35 pairs).

About two years ago, as it was so hard for me to get decent boots here in my country, i decided i would learn how to design and make my own boots, so i started investigating and studying.... i learned how to make Shoe Lasts via 3D software and how to mill the 3d file to get the phisical last....and after that, i started designing boots for me.
About a year ago, i decided to hire a professional shoe maker to hand make the boots i have been designing in paper.
I have produced two pairs of boots AND I LOVE THEM.... there are two more in production right now.... at first i didnt know if the idea was going to surface at all, but it is surfacing and i like what i see.
From now on, thanks to the results i got, i will only make my own designs instead of buying them from international brands.
Im studying shoe making anyway as i would like to actually MAKE the shoes myself, with my own hands.... it really isnt that hard though.... i will update this info if i make it.

Thanks in advance for reading this.

Best regards.

Last edited:

hak1911

Reaction score
Hello All
My Name is Jake
I favor traditional, pedestrian, nay utilitarian men's wear.
Picture 1950's Army Air Corp uniform pants in tropic wool, canvas shoes , and a thin short sleeve Korean Tailor style Mod shirt. That's my Idea of cool.
Daily I wear a Pullman Brown Uniform set.

My Favorite Footwear must be my Nicks SmokeJumpers
I love those boots

I have a Pair of Russell Moccasins Boots also just a completely different type of wonderful.

Pike

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Johan, 25, in med school and, like most it seems, have been creeping here for about a year before finally signing up.

When I get interested in something, I get very interested (mildly obsessed is probably a term my gf would use. Is this a typical man thing?). It kinda started with watches, which led to shoes and spiralling downwards (upwards?) into most menswear/quality stuff. My style is not very dressed, but clean (no logos if I can help it). Reckon a classic leather jacket will be my next project.

I will probably trawl both classic menswear and streetwear here.

Look forward to take part in some the discussions and to learn more about menswear and style!

RFHansen

Reaction score
Greetings, gentlemen

At the ripe age of 38 I have finally decided to begin dressing as a grown-up.

I used to be a street wear victim. Lots of jeans, chinos, sneakers, track tops, and Gore Tex outerwear. No more. Still in the process of learning about fabrics, styles, brands, and construction methods, I frequent lots of thrift stores in search of luxury bargains. So expect to "meet" me in the Classic Menswear forum and the Buy & Sell area.

Besides being a freelance journalist & photographer based in Copenhagen, Denmark, I'm also a DIY guy. My wardrobe closet, my tie rack, and shoe shine box are all home made. If the trend continues, I may soon start doing clothes alterations, too.

I hope to learn a lot here and share whatever I can.

In my wardrobe so far after ten months of thrifting:

Suits & coats: Armani, Zignone, and Polo Ralph Lauren; a Cerruti 1881 tuxedo; an exquisite sports coat by Raffaele Caruso Sartoriale Parma (just went to the tailor for a fitting). Plus one of the few things I bought new, a brown-red Corneliani sports coat, which is a true joy to wear.

Ties: About 50, mostly silk, some in wool. Highlights include Zegna, Hermés, Sambrook Witting, YSL, and Roger L. of Paris.

Shoes: Oxfords; penny, horsebit & tassel loafers – the Gucci ones are the beauty of the bunch.

Casual pants: Brooks Brothers, Hilfiger, Sunwill, and a wonderful pair of burgundy PT01s.

Shirts: Mostly colours and patterns. Some nice ones by Zegna, Corneliani, Boss, Valentino, and Stenströms.

Marco85

Reaction score
Hi people,

this is Marco. Italian born and raised, from Milan. I enjoy men fashion, first wearing then watching and finding inspiration on social media (see IG) and then I guess reading it on forums.

I discovered the magic world of Styleforum from random googling, in particular i was looking at leather care for my new Canali shoes and I came across a fantastic post.

By far this seems to me one of the most accurate spot to talk fashion on the internet, so after reading now I would also like to give me two cents where i can
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
- also this emoticon is awesome.

Cheers
M

picol

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Paul, I'm British and dyslexic so I use words longer than I can spell! I stumbled across you guys while looking for a pair of retro adidas trainers (gazelle hemp) and have since noticed they look like they've been archived.... :-(

So...... I'm a divorced dad of two trying to look my best on a budget. (Which I'm wiling to blow if the hemp gazelles show up) The wardrobe is a huge mix of my old stuff, second hand stuff and some disposal gear to mix in. I'm a jeans or shorts man who enjoys a smart casual shirt. My wardrobe is dominated with vintage casual soccer wear. So retro polo shirts, tracksuit tops and trainers which I might have to bin soon as those retro brands are returning to the mainstream. As I'm 42, perhaps it's time to develop a more mature style.
My most recent fashion aim is to wear more cords before they hit the mainstream :)
Oh and I'm wearing a watch again for the first time in 18 years, the time was right. Or is it the the time is right!

Last edited:

connoringaround

Reaction score
Hey There!

My name is Connor and I am a college student looking to stand out and look sharp. For my business school application essay, I told the committee that I wanted to become an entrepreneur and own a business selling men's fine Italian leather shoes.

I am currently discovering my personal style which is trying out the rolled raw denim, leather boots,and a stylish watch.

I love biking to school and around the city with an vintage 80s road bike. I am looking for a balance in my clothing of functionality and style. My favorite shorts are Bonobos for this reason.

Excited to learn more about men's fashion and be a part of the community!

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am Adam and I live in Calgaryland, but have lived around the world in areas like USA, Russia, China, the UAE, and of course Canada. I am 26 now and a graduate of international business, marketing, and trade. I work as a consultant.

I made the decision to try and dress nicer a year ago after a sales associate influenced me to purchase an expensive and crappy blazer that could not be tailored to work. I have a background in training for Architecture, so I'm a bit of a designer at heart and I know what I am looking for in my style now.

Unsure if I have any favourites just yet. I love the clothing I have from Brunello Cucinelli, Tom Ford, Canali, Smedley, Isaia, or even Ecco, Polo... as long at it fits nicely I tend to be happy. I tend to go for a cleaner style that looks effortless and for the most part I like the notion of quiet luxury. I do not want an item to scream a brand name. I'd rather it compliment, not distract, from me.

Other interests: I am an expert skier and beyond athletics I practice photography, arts, reading up on business, psychology, and astronomy and I love my coffee.

I am here to improve my understanding of the menswear area and perhaps find some good deals.

Best,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads