• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ACSG

Reaction score
I'm from SC but live in Louisiana right now. Hobbies are watches, hunting, fishing, shooting, and recently I've gotten into radio and blogging. I absolutely tend toward trad dress, but try hard not to get too cute about it. Thanks to the mods for a gracious welcome email!

FuzzWizard

Reaction score
Ahoy

i learned about the forum last summer after living in San Francisco for a couple of months. I've been on a Japanese denim binge ever since.

Cheers!

SrBrigante

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Im Katriel, from NYC Real Estate Consultant and Broker. Moved about a zillion times and have a great appreciation for good clothing to the point where if it doesn't exist or I cannot afford it at that given time I'll just make it.

Huge auto enthusiast, in the protege phases of cigar and scotch appreciation; lifelong nerd.

Wear black ONLY when required and looking forward to all styleforum has to offer.

sanchito

Reaction score
Hi there,

I decided to join because I like dressing up and the other forums I belong to are full of men that think it's gauche, passé, or effeminate to care about one's style...bollocks.

I wore suits in my mid twenties because of a job I had...fell away from that and wore western style shirts (the checked, plaid, and denims) justin workboots, cowboy boots, and Mexican stitched belts...now I'm bringing back ties, shirts, sweaters, with denim....going to buy proper pants....been on a sport coat obsession...bought a houndstooth BB and a J Crew Cord...nice....but I want more!

Going for staples. I'm a tall guy and nothing fits me off the rack...needless to say my tailor and I are well acquainted. Happy hunting!

-sanchito

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome all.

100ms

Reaction score
I've been lurking for about six months and needed to register and ask some advice. Looking forward to proving I'm a real person an getting out of moderation so I'll be able to ask the few questions that a search doesn't answer.

This place is great, and I say that as someone who historically could not have cared less about fashion.

jmputich

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Jake and I hail from the land of Santa Clarita, California. I'm a graduate student hoping to pursue a Ph.D. in the near future. My wife, Nikki, and I were both born and raised in the southern regions of California.

I'm hoping to procure a nice leather briefcase, so if anyone has any good leads, please let me know!

Blessings,
Jake

jlittlew

Reaction score
Hello all -

Happy to introduce myself, but I'm here to learn, read and ask questions more than talk. I live in Boston but grew up in Portland, OR. I work for a company that builds websites for non-profits. My new year's resolution is to dress better, so I'm starting with footwear (my first real pair of nice shoes was a pair of chili Allen Edmonds from Nordstroms, just sent them in to get recrafted). I've got a long, narrow foot, so I like that AE's come in "B" (I'm a 12B mostly, although I should ask them to measure me when I'm at the store next).

The discussion threads have been really helpful for helping to get my head around raw denim (among other things!) and I'm looking forward to buying a first pair -- ideally at a big of a discount via the Marketplace.

On that note, any tips on how to effectively use the marketplace or warnings about the potential of getting ripped off?

And as I'm a huge fan of well-made and local stuff, any good work being done in/around Boston I should put on my radar?

Thanks all,
Jesse

externals

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Name's John. I'm currently in NJ, I love food and conversation(usually). I came across SF as I was looking and learning more into men's fashion (not the mainstream but basics) and fit for myself. I realized that I had some terrible pieces of clothing I was putting on myself (possibly not terrible but just didn't fit me right. I am always dress in business professional and sometimes business casual, so I want to make sure that I look well.

After learning about a few basics on fit and whatnot, I decided that I was dressing like a total doofus and decided to learn more and more and hey, I'm here now. Purging wardrobe as we speak, and looking to buy some new pieces (albeit slowly, $$). I have a strange build (skinny frame, arms, legs, wrists) so now I am looking to see how I can make myself look more professional and balanced with the body I grew into.

I hope to receive more insight into the world of men's fashion and a new wardrobe as I browse through the pages of this website.

Cheers!

SlimJim814

Reaction score
I'm Jim, from NYC. I'm 27 years old. Started out with American Eagle and Abercrombie, then noticed how I looked like everyone else. I branched out, started researching fashion on the internet and now I'm here. Love whiskey, motorcycles, guitars and dogs. Cheers everybody!

EricKulla

Reaction score
Hello, gentlemen (and ladies.). Well, here is a go at a bit of an introduction. I am Eric.., I grew up in the Chicagoland area, but I've been living in Kansas for the past five years. I'm currently a history and Spanish student and am nearly done with my BA. After I finish, I plan on moving to Madrid to do a Masters in Spanish history.

About three years ago I started getting into fashion. By getting into fashion, I mean stop shopping at Kohls and begin shopping at Men's Wearhouse. I am just now getting into more custom menswear, but I am certainly enjoying every moment of it.

I'm looking forward to being a member here and thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with a fashion noob.

Hacking jacket

Reaction score
I'm Michael, do Tropical Medicine and wear RL, Armani, Boss, DuChamp London, Paul Smith, a bit of Dior Homme and avoid mentioning French labels such as La Coste etc...

I style on antiquated British style mens clothing and am very fond of the US interpretations through RL and Tommy Hilfiger.

I've a range of weighted wool jackets/pants from heavy herringbone (winter tweeds), medium plaids (spring/autumn tweed) and modern light weight suits (Italian [Armani, Boss, RL], and Savile Row). Casual gear is mostly DuChamp and Paul Smith. Good neck tie, bow tie and pocket square collections and love the US interest in bow ties. Recently discovered Brooks Brothers and top-end stuff from Jos A Bank, via shopping at airports.

Avoid (but often admire) contemporary designers through McQueen and recently Christopher Kane.

My family has a heritage in clothing, hence my interest (Macclesfield silks, Lancashire cotton) and surname derives from immigrant workers in the Yorkshire wool industry.

In summary the connecting themes are very British with Italian flair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads